Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Justice 87

Justice 87
August 18, 2009 01:04AM
Well ....

The Twilight Camo is all done. I think it looks really neat, if I DO say so.

I'd love to show it to you ... but Dory wants to see it first. (Hey ... he acts like he owns the thing or something .... winking smiley

Anyway ... it will cure for a couple of days. The mold and sizing die is ready. A range visit ... and then a crate. Hey ... are these things EVER done? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

After he gets it ... I'll show you pics. As you know ... he's been pretty stingy with the pictures of the OTHER Barnes gun. knucklehead It's a "Barnes Owner Thing". hahaha.

Gary
Re: Justice 87
August 18, 2009 01:36AM
Can't wait to see the pictures and infos. I really like these ultra bore guns.
August 18, 2009 01:59PM
The finish is curing nicely. It looks even better to my eye this morning. I'll definitely use this technique again.

Very interesting to use a new technique, then walk away from it. Come back later, and view it fresh again. Only takes overnight to be able to look at it with a critical eye, as if seeing something new. It's very satisfying to be pleased with it all over again at a later date. It's confirmation that it was a good idea.

Gary
August 19, 2009 07:59AM
In a much less creative way, I know that feeling Gary. If I have slaved my guts out on a chore around the home, like, say, clearing a nasty patch of gorse with the chainsaw, there is something particularly satisfying about viewing it the next day and saying, "Yeah, I did good with that." Makes up for the gorse prickles I have to dig out of my arms and legslaughing again
But anyway, waiting to see this new finish with bated breaththumbs up
Cheers
Neil
August 23, 2009 08:31PM
dont tell me , youve got that mottled moonlight sky pic effect onto a gun ,,, looking forward to seeing it , even if im totally wrong and its completely different im sure it will be spectacular.
you do make a stiff rod for your own back sometimes.... but ,,,, wouldnt be the same any other way.
t
August 24, 2009 06:23AM
Thats right...rub it in. sad smiley

"Oh boy, you oughta see the super-duper-extra-ultra-cool toy I got you, but I can't show you till next month...sorry."

That's the problem with instant gratification, it just takes so dang long. winking smiley
August 24, 2009 02:11PM
You'd have to talk to Dory about it. He's the one that put the "gag order" on the project until he's seen it. I've always shown every other gun during the build process. I've been working on the gun blindfolded myself. That's why it isn't done yet. winking smiley

Gary
August 24, 2009 02:40PM
I was just trying to be the other gun. Guess that's not working to well. I was only putting blinders on the last , step, paint of course that's what everybody wants to see. Dory

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2009 02:41PM by Dory.
August 24, 2009 02:56PM
You mean I ... DON'T ... have to work with this paper bag over my head??? eye popping smiley

Whoopie! ... I can't wait to go out and see what I've done last week ..... grinning smiley wink

Gary
August 24, 2009 03:05PM
"have to work with this paper bag over my head"

That ought to make it even better. 50 years of intuitive design experience, going into the paint scheme. Dory
August 24, 2009 04:07PM
Darn. We used to at least be able to see the guns BEFORE the customer got them. crying
August 24, 2009 08:07PM
Wow ... I went out and looked at it.

Amazing ... wish I could do that stuff when I was watching. But, it would make me dizzy. google eyes

thumbs up

Gary
August 24, 2009 09:56PM
Ok, now you are just being cruel!!!!!

Is this your way of getting us all to beg??

Run up the post counts???

I agree with Jerry, we should get to see the guns FIRSTshooter with bench rifle
August 24, 2009 10:52PM
Hey - I told you. It's all Dory's fault. The man doesn't have a heart I tell you! whistling That gun is simply bursting with good will to share to all mankind, and he's demanded I stuff it all into the crate and send it. Why, the crate will have to be three times normal size and cost twice as much to ship ... just with the extra horded excitement normally shown on these pages.

Here we sit, in our workboots and boxer shorts eye popping smiley , eating cereal in the dark ... while Dory waits like a spider by the mailbox .... wink

Gary
August 25, 2009 01:22AM
Just got back from taking one of my sons to college. I ask just one favor and it turns into this torrent. Have patient guys. Now that Gary, has the bag off his head, it should be shipped this week.. And I will post pictures.

Gary, I already have spiders in my mailbox, I guess I'll have company. Dory
August 25, 2009 02:30AM
You better take some pictures Gary, just in case... whistling I'd say give the crate overnight to get there and then post all the shots you have. And never grant this favor again! knucklehead But that's just me.... Of course, since we can't see the progress on Dory's gun, we're all much more interested in seeing how the Dragon progresses so maybe that's where we might vote (if we had a vote) that you spend your time. rolling happy smiley
August 29, 2009 06:05AM
Is there gonna be a red-carpet Hollywood-style release? A grand unveiling on some reality TV show? A coordinated multi-continent staged debut? A "leaked" casual mention to the rendezvous crowd, with a thin trickle of low-resolution "teaser" shots to build the tension?

Or I guess you could just post a couple of photos when you get it in the mail.eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021