Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hagan Nitro parts ... Additional Pics 3-10-10

Hagan Nitro parts ... Additional Pics 3-10-10
March 06, 2010 01:19AM
Got some more done today. I show you what I can, without giving away the ranch.

Here are some billet parts in the process, and the barrel/bolt being worked on.

Hagan Nitro 003.JPG

Hagan Nitro 004.JPG

Hagan Nitro 005.JPG

Hagan Nitro 006.JPG

Yes - that's when I made that handmade reamer. It's done alot of work since then.

Hagan Nitro 007.JPG

Hagan Nitro 008.JPG

Hagan Nitro 009.JPG

a_milling_Nitro.jpg

a_Gary.jpg

And ... for those who have been afraid I'd konk out on ya before I finished your gun, I went and lost 25 pounds. take a bow So there ... sunny I should live forever. wink

Hang in there. I'm working.

Gary

Added 3-10-10 additional pics.

Hagan Nitro 001.JPG

More milling work on the billet for this rifle.

Hagan Nitro 002.JPG

A lot of detail. As you go on, you always risk ruining what you have. The stress level goes up, and it remains important to pay attention to every detail.

Hagan Nitro 003.JPG

The top of the main riser, and the logo area are not finished yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2010 11:45PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Hagan Nitro parts ...
March 06, 2010 02:16AM
way cool !

without giving away any secrets...

That reamer looks much smaller in diameter than the hole you ended up with - did you gradually ream up in size, or use the same reamer to "ream in a circle" ?

I know you can do that easily with a CNC.....but I thought you hadn't gotten the magic "airgun-making CNC" up and running yet rolling happy smiley

like the cool "ribbon knives" in that one picture !
March 06, 2010 04:08AM
If you look at the fourth picture down, way down at the bottom of the hole, it looks like you can see more of the reamer and it looks like it's the same size. In the picture with the date you're just seeing part of it.

Lookin' good Gary. (you, not the parts, though they look nice too)

Weights you been doing a bit of this, of just watching what you eat?
March 08, 2010 09:13PM
Griffin,

Sorry - I missed this comment ...

Just eating less stuff and different stuff. Pretty screwed up back ... I better stay away from ... Weights ... did that in college ... probably added to the screwed up back! haha. As it is, if I feel I'd enjoy eating something ... I don't. Happiness is over rated. scholar

Gary
March 09, 2010 03:54PM
No sweat Gary,

I wasn't figuring you were pounding the weights, but I'm always amazed how much simple things like a taking a walk with the misses in the evening (in 4 feet of snow?) or something like that helps. Fresh air and a little bit of exercise burns a few calories and helps me sleep better and then I make better decisions about food cause I can actually read what I'm looking at in the pantry (not so bleary eye'd).

The whole better food thing is huuuuge. I'm a hippie/snob about food most of the time (I definitely have my weak moments). I could go on and on about this. At some point a bunch of people will sue a few major food companies (like they did with the tabacco companies) for lying to the public about many things. The "food" that is easily accessible is engineered to be denser in calories then real food is and it's also designed to appeal to us (our bodies naturally crave sugar, fat, and salt, because they are rare in natural form). Like I said, I'm a hippie about this stuff, but there's too many studies to ignore what's happening.

Anyway, congrats on being a stubborn enough ol' codger to buck the trend and do what's good for you. We need more people to set this example for their families. I'd guess this helps your back a bunch too?

Thanks Gary
March 10, 2010 03:03AM
Hi there Moonbeam ... haha. Hippie are ya?

Oddly ... I can't exercise. The back. Another one of those things that are hammered into the culture. People insist you should exercise in spite of any reality. Especially people who have never had an ache or pain in their lives. haha. Example: We have two Dauchund dogs. They've been pretty house bound this Winter. We've tried to walk them before, many times. The nearly hang themselves. They strain, gag, choke, wheeze, cough, pull, repeat. It's embarrassing and exhausting, and we figured they'd die. We gave up. But; lately, we figured we'd buy the harnase type of unit ... one for each.

Well, two nights this week, we walked them. And, they strained, wheezed, pulled, but didn't hang themselves. One did make his foot bloody from pulling so hard against the leash and "spinning out" on the street, that he wore a hole in his paw's pad. They are totally manic. However; the walks nearly killed me. My cardio was fine. My hip, leg, lower back, foot was screaming. I simply cannot do it. I'll un-do the benefit from the injections. Wasn't muscular. Not endurance related. It's simply not possible for someone with degenerative disc disease to do certain things. No matter the cultural mantras. (Not laying anything at your feet ... ;?) ... just "THEM". You know "them" ... they want to micromanage every part of your life. haha. Anyway ... the dogs aren't fat (we don't let them eat to much) ... that's one reason these dogs go to pot. People kill them with food.

Anyway, I just started eating far less. Just stopped eating a whole bunch of things I enjoyed. "Enjoyment is over rated" ... ya know? haha. And, it's a lifestyle change. Not just for this week. Like so many other things in my life: There was "then" ... this is "now". It's different.

Thanks for the good word. I appreciate it. thumbs up

Gary
March 06, 2010 01:25PM
Hi Joebill,

The reamer bladed are at diameter. I weld the blades to the shaft ... die grind them ... heat treat them. I mill out the cavity first, and then follow with the reamer. Don't tell anyone ... I'm counting on ya. wink

Yeah - those ribbon knives are bad enough in aluminum ... but when you get to stainless steel ... that makes me sweat.

Gary
March 06, 2010 06:29AM
Man! I can see way you really wanted to come to Mississippi...you're wasting away without some Cajun cookin'. Boil some shrimp get you some protein!

You're looking good Gary, glad it worked out the way it did. I'd rather you visit when you're feeling well...so I don't feel so bad puttin' the hurt on you.grinning smiley

You're not using them recycled tools on anything you might send this way. I want those new Chinese drill bits that peel the spiral off as they enter the stock.

Great look into the shop..Thanks for the peek.

Kent
March 06, 2010 11:02AM
Who's that guy in the pic? Where's Gary? eye popping smiley

Well done. I'll bet dropping 25 pounds eventually helps your back too. thumbs up

Those parts ain't so bad either. Someone's gonna get a nice new toy to shoot!

-- Jim
March 06, 2010 01:22PM
Thanks Jim,

Heck yeah ... that pic was a few pounds ago too. I'll be on some commercial with Marie Osmond soon ... haha .. Dancing with the Stars will be calling! laughing

Gary
March 06, 2010 04:14PM
Gary,

Congratulations on the weight loss! it is a simple thing to do to give yourself a tremendous boost in quality of life but I think the evidence is clear, most don't have the discipline.Get crackin' I lost 80 pounds from my all time high, I do seem to be finding some of it, seems I stashed it all in the kitchen.

Must be a real nail-biter to get that endmill lined up perfectly over the circle on the layout.

Lon
March 06, 2010 05:57PM

Must be a real nail-biter to get that endmill lined up perfectly over the circle on the layout.

Actually Lon, I've seen him do this and he makes it look pretty easy. No sweat or anything! boing
March 09, 2010 12:57AM
Hey Gary,

Congrats on the 25 lbs, I know that's some hard work. I'm working on the same ten pounds for the fourth of fifth time.. so far.whistling And I have to finish THAT up before I can get to the OTHER ten pounds that I really need to lose. crying

So, that fixture with the slot cutter looks like a Barnes Toolroom special, a custom bit of yours?
March 09, 2010 01:45AM
Yeah - the whole rig itself is mine, to turn a vertical milling machine into a horizontal mill. The cutter wheel is commercial (and it's not that good ... haha).

Gary
Re: Hagan Nitro parts ... Additional Pics 3-10-10
March 12, 2010 10:43AM
Hello, Gary,
I like your new, buff and streamlined look! Lots of aches and pain should improve with that kind of weight loss. Thanks for the heads up on progress. I love the pictures. It is like seeing an ultrasound of an embryo! Keep us posted!
Hugh
March 13, 2010 02:33PM
Ha ... if it were true.

The injections helped right away. Fading now ... need the second and third sets of injection for the full effect to take. But - so far as feeling any better, more energy, less aches ... no deal. Maybe with the next 30 pounds ... haha.

Gary
March 13, 2010 04:11AM
man thats looking good.

No, NOT YOU GB. LOL
March 14, 2010 06:19AM
Yup, practically down to skin and bones. Pretty soon you're gonna have to cover the shower floor with screen door mesh, so as not to disappear down those huge holes in the drain.winking smiley
March 14, 2010 04:50PM
About 30-32 pounds down now. thumbs up Depends upon the start number - Drs. or mine.

I'll try the screen door tip - thanks! wink

Gary

Hey - since it's a recurring theme. One of the things I was doing, was drinking the Crystal Lite drinks. Note to others. The Aspertame (sp) sweetner may cause headaches. Something sure does. So - I'm now "drying out" from using that. We'll see if it helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021