Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bit of a Bummer ... hummm

Bit of a Bummer ... hummm
April 16, 2010 04:30AM
First shot at the range today killed my chronograph. why me

The real bummer is that I HAD it on high speed video ... and in editing at the range, I evidently dumped it!!! I can't believe it. The nose cone was blasted off (I think from the grip gotten on it by diverting the blast in the six side holes). It pegged the screen, shattered it, busted the housing, knocked the thing over. It was quite a sight. And, I dumped it.

I've actually made good friends with the camera. I've edited many a video on within the camera. I recall deciding to take out a bit of dead space in the beginning of the video ... and clearly got it wrong that time. I'm really disappointed, cause I know you would have loved that one!! haha.

That was the first shot of the day. Of course ... that was the end of the chrono data. I didn't even get that number! But - the gun seemed absolutely "punishing". I think it's stronger after the alteration - but - have to buy another unit to see!!! sheeesh!!!

Heck - I might have to buy another ... and shoot it ... just to get that video. Guess there's no "back" option to this camera edit ... is it?

I'll post some of the movies and alot of stills I took. Had a good shoot. The gun is a brutal beast!

Gary
Re: Bit of a Bummer ... hummm
April 16, 2010 04:37AM

This was the very heavy 58 slug ... 644 grain is it? It pounded the Switchblade. The thing changed colors .. right now. Still .... didn't hurt it, and didn't move the unit.

Gary
April 16, 2010 04:41AM

Round Ball @ 50 yards ../.

Gary
April 16, 2010 05:41AM
"Still .... didn't hurt it, and didn't move the unit"

I still think you've made targets before.

I think it's interesting to watch where the pellets fall after hitting. I had always imagined they flew off quite a ways unless it was a soft target or a perpendicular hit. They don't seem to fly neary as far as I thought regardless of the hit. I never paid a lot of attention to it one way or the other but these videos you and Jerry have been posting show the strikes very clearly.

Lon
April 16, 2010 04:45AM
Play the videos a few times. They seem to start with a "lurch" after the "buffering" logo goes off ... clips the start of the video. I tried to cut out the dead stuff ... now it might be a bit too short. Hit play a couple of times and it plays correctly.

Both of the videos were @ 50 yards.

Gary
April 16, 2010 10:14AM
That's cool. Those shots both seem like they get there in a hurry, even at 50 yards. I'd ask you how fast they were going, but . . . knucklehead

More sad

-- Jim
April 16, 2010 02:53PM
Hi Jim,

Yeah - they seemed fast. I had the camera on a tripod - on the bench. I'd forgotten to but the rear PVC leg under the table ... it might have been a bit more bouncy. However; with the gun firing, the table shook - and with it the camera got a good shake. In several of the videos ... the camera didn't recover in time to record the action. It just got back in focus half way thru the impact of the slug on target.

Gary
April 16, 2010 05:41AM
Small world GB. I too TODAY just started editing out the dead space in the beginning of the videos. I was just learning to do that a few minutes ago in the garage. It is amazing how you can actually record 25 seconds of video and it turns out to be like 5 minutes of slow motion video or more if you are in 1000 FPS mode.

Love the videos by the way. That color change was pretty cool.
April 16, 2010 02:21PM
Hi Cedric,

Yeah ... the camera is nice in that you can dump the dead space. Guess you have found that you can speed it up by hitting right or left and moving the arrows from the larger default arrow ... to the more extreme ends. In order to change direction, you have to hit the center once again, to have the movie in motion.

Man - I had the perfect video ... should have left it along and edited it here, but ... the temptation to not have to run it thru the movie program got me ... and, I was too confident when I read thru all the "are you sure?" questions it gives you. I stupidly dumped the video and saved the dead space. Duh.

Gary
April 16, 2010 04:28PM
Dude, i know what you mean. I have had the perfect videos a few times after hunting in the field and i'll be gosh darned if when i get home, the PERFECT video is gone. And after thinking back of what might have happened it was because after i packed up for the day, i usually give all the videos a quick LOOK OVER and at some point, i erase it somehow. ARRRGGGHH!

Hopefully i can get out this weekend and get more video to share.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021