Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pony Express?

Pony Express?
April 19, 2010 09:13PM
With a sore foot ....??

ADDISON, IL, US 04/19/2010 5:37 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
ADDISON, IL, US 04/17/2010 8:36 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

Take a look at the last two lines of the tracking scan for my Chronograph. I should have it by Christmas. haha.

Gary
Re: Pony Express?
April 19, 2010 09:21PM
Not much moves on the weekend. Pretty common to see stuff static thru Monday AM (unless you pay for Saturday delivery). hourglass

-- Jim
April 20, 2010 02:29PM
Now Common Jim ....

You think there's just one old guy slowly pushing a broom thru these vast warehouses all weekend? UPS overhead is probably two hundred and eighty six gazillion dollars a week. It's a 24/7 world. They don't pull out the extension cord on the whole thing two days a week. They're just being ..... mean ...... brick wall

Follow-up .....

I was just sitting here looking at the posts on Kelly's 'puter ...
UPS pulls up front!!! eye popping smiley I'm watching thru the window behind the desk.
Oh .... I'm SOOOO happy .... grinning smiley
I watch the guy get a box gathered up ... looks right!!! smiling bouncing smiley
I rush to the door .... lock and unlock it about six times ... "WHY WON'T the DOOR OPEN?!!!!!
The guy hands me the box ... I almost hug him .... singing
I examine the box. Seems light. And it looks an inch or two short .... hummm .... I look at the return addy .... MSC!!!! ....
It's the pc. of aluminum I ordered to make an adapter for my Son's replacement pool skimmer ....
Even sadder
I'm soooo bummed ...
More sad

The heap formerly known as Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 03:22PM by barnespneumatic.
April 19, 2010 11:47PM
Good luck!
April 20, 2010 04:07PM
Gary,

I hear they're working on a molecular assembler that will assemble things in your home just like a printer prints a page.

Probably have to wait until they go on sale though. True story.

Lon

[www.edinformatics.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 04:07PM by Bigbore.
April 20, 2010 08:08PM
Yeah ... like all the little nanobots they're gonna have driving around thru our blood systems. Can't wait. eye rolling smiley I know they have 3-D printers. But, can't wait til they print out a nice rock hard ball bearing for movable parts. Or, of course, they'll most likely just use super chilled superconductors and mag lev joints throughout. Burrrr .... I can feel a chill in my veins already ... USA!  USA!

Gary

Heard a comedian once, going thru a routine about "3rd class mail". "So ... how do they do that?" he says. "Do they just let it lay around on a shelf for a few days?" (Yes ... haha). "Do they put it on an old truck, that doesn't start half the time?" haha. Seems like more trouble to keep up a dedicated crappy delivery version, than to just have one good standard. nowthatIthink
April 21, 2010 06:36PM
Who did you P.O. at UPS? I just ordered a dvd and it was in my hand two days later. No extra charge!

Karma is a very powerful thing Gary. You need to start living right! Whatever "right" is.

I still haven't ordered my chrony yet. Waiting to see what you got first, hey, I was one of your guinea pigs for the camera!

Kent
April 21, 2010 11:48PM
Hi Kent,

It's STILL not here. The tracking said it was out for delivery this am.

It's a crap shoot. Spent for fast arrival - it usually doesn't. Take the default version, it usually gets here early. Buy fast for one item, default for the other .. get the cheap one first. ;?) This time ... I may never get it. UPS hates me. Even sadder

On another note ... do you know how embarrassing it is to not have a weak powered small bore to get rid of pests? Oh ... no ... you don't. But I do. I'll post the story ...

Gary
April 22, 2010 12:42AM
So, you spend extra for express and UPS leaves the goods at the first drop for two days! Sounds like someone owes you money. I didn't know that UPS even had a "mud bog" service to save on those "ground" rates!
April 22, 2010 01:51AM
My bad. No - actually it was just sent their normal ground ... but most of my suppliers also just use ground ... and I get very quick service. No biggie ... I've just been making a laugh out of it .... but it is now getting to be silly long. Should be here. It was supposed to be 22 miles away this morning, and "out for delivery". Maybe the truck had a flat. haha.

Gary
April 22, 2010 03:47PM
FREDERICK, MD, US 04/21/2010 4:36 P.M. NOTICE LEFT
04/21/2010 10:11 A.M. IN TRANSIT TO FINAL DESTINATION
04/21/2010 5:54 A.M. DESTINATION SCAN
04/21/2010 5:16 A.M. DESTINATION SCAN
04/21/2010 1:37 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

Hey - tell me I'm not "charmed".

No notice was left here. Besides, this is just a small package - doesn't require a signature ... just toss it on the porch, for Heaven's sake! Just like the other twenty thousand since I've lived at this address.

The tracking said "Exception". Gave no direction as to what to do. No phone - no e-mail link. why me
April 22, 2010 04:24PM
Ever heard of this one?

I tried to e-mail UPS. Good luck if you ever try that! From screen to screen to screen to screen .... anything to prevent you from actually being able to type in a message and number.

Example: You click "package" ... and you get another pull down list of "was it round, square, rectangular .... etc." You pick square ... you get another pull down list of "was it brown, light brown, medium brown, other" ... you pick one ... get another pull down list of "was it taped from left to right or right to left .... l It goes on FOREVER!!!!!

Found a phone number. Listened to the phone tree. Listened to something in Spanish first - for several lines. Finally, I got to speak the tracking number. Wait. Beep, beep, beep .... etc. Then ... you will be conected to someone. I almost wept!!! I'm going to speak to a person???? And then, the person who came on .... I could not understand. It took me three attempts to understand that they were asking me for my name.

Bottom line ... the package was given to the postoffice. UPS was not delivering it. stunned I was given a UPS tracking number ... followed the UPS tracking all through all their depots .... and then .... it was given to the postoffice ... a block from here????? why me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021