Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More pics of testing

More pics of testing
April 16, 2010 02:47PM
Some of the stills I took yesterday. After I blew up the Chronograph, I was left with testing some slugs for accuracy. But, I do have a couple of stills from the Chrono demise shot.

Dragon - Testing - range 008.JPG

Dragon - Testing - range 010.JPG

For the first shot - making a video too (which I accidently dumped - nutz again) ... I'd set up a 2 by 8 ten yards behind the chrono (about 20 yards from the gun). I'd leaned another 2 by 8 against the back of the first - taped the top joint for a hinge. Thought it might make a dramatic shot. It did! knucklehead Stuff went in all directions. Both of the planks were paper punched. The second one pierced diagonally and split in half.

Dragon - Testing - range 009.JPG

Dragon - Testing - range 011.JPG

Funny thing .... an hour or more later, when setting up 50 yard targets, I found the bullet that had gone thru the chrono screens and the two planks. It had gone into the dirt, and grounded out to 50 yards. Odd to find this slug just laying there.

Dragon - Testing - range 012.JPG

Tried .570" round ball ...

Dragon - Testing - range 013.JPG

The barrel liked then very much.

Dragon - Testing - range 014.JPG

The Switchblade Target got a pounding from round ball. This was all that was left.

For the last two targets, I was trying to be clever ... and get a video of me putting the third shot thru the two overlapping shots. Of course, breaking my hold, fiddling with the camera .... I didn't get either group to go cloverleaf. But ... close. I have some video of the shots streaking in. Fun to see. But - looks like the others posted.

Dragon - Testing - range 015.JPG

Dragon - Testing - range 016.JPG

Ordered a new Chronograph at 1:30 this morning ... and the darned thing is not here YET!!! why me haha.

Gary
Re: More pics of testing
April 16, 2010 04:30PM
BE patient GRASSHOPPER, the chrony is on the way.....LOL

GB, you cast your own RB right? Or no?
April 16, 2010 07:45PM
Hi Cedric.

I've cast ball - but the Lee mold is for .575". Works fine ... but that's too tight of a load for this bore. The ball I was shooting are Hornady .570"

thumbs up

Gary
April 16, 2010 08:12PM
Additional Video footage ....

Some pot shots @ 50 yards. Probably around 700 foot pounds in 58 caliber on the heavy slugs. The new Chrono will tell.

take a bow
April 17, 2010 05:36AM
Gary,

Nice roundball group!

Lon
April 18, 2010 02:28PM
Oh Ok, thanks GB. Gotta love the HORNADY ammo. I use it specifically in my Dragon Slayer 454 (RB's) and in all my powder burners that i reload for. Even my .17 HMR shoots Hornady exclusively.

Nice group
April 19, 2010 07:54AM
Looks like good accuracy for roundballs Gary! The insert appears to be working just fine, although of course it can't go anywhere until Jerry has had a playskeet
April 19, 2010 11:08PM
I'm on my way with my camera! Really, I would never actually try to slow delivery of such a gem to the owner but I really would love to help document such a great performance! Of course, it's pretty darn clear that I can only beat Gary in a shooting competition about 1 out of 3 or 4 tries so I doubt you'd see better pictures or videos from me but all the same... Ah...who am I kidding? I can out shoot Gary any minute of any day! You should all demand that that gun not go anywhere until the shootist (me) has an opportunity to get up there and show you guys what it can really do! I mean, really, will you be satisfied with a second string eeffort at groups? Sign the petition now and make sure I shoot that gun before it loses the chance to be independently verified as superb...by me! It's your duty if you really think about it! After all, who wants a gun not "Jerry proofed?" Right...

bad dudelaughing
April 20, 2010 03:13PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021