Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New "Miniature Compressor for Paintball"

New "Miniature Compressor for Paintball"
April 19, 2010 11:58AM
Using an 85 psi input from a shop compressor, this new product claims it will fill a 68ci 4500psi tank in 4 hours (and then shuts off automatically). I'm guessing it would take a lot longer for the 88cf tanks we usually use. 115 volts, and the shop compressor will only kick on every once in awhile. I have been considering a $3,000 Bauer, but at an estimated $300-400 retail, this would be a great alternative. You just have to remember to fill your tank the day before you want to shoot.

[www.facebook.com]

I'm surprised someone hasn't brought a product like this to market sooner.

-- Jim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2010 12:01PM by admin.
Re: New "Miniature Compressor for Paintball"
April 19, 2010 02:13PM
Jim,

4-6 hours to fill 68 C.I.? That won't go far at one of our shoots.laughing

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2010 02:14PM by Bigbore.
April 19, 2010 02:31PM
Buy the Bauer. thumbs up "Alternatives" are always a disappointment.

take a bow
April 19, 2010 02:38PM
BTW ... you've mentioned your "Shooting/Garden" shed. Mentioned having the compressor out there, etc. Unless you are going to heat the place in the winter, you can't have a fill station or compressor out there. Maybe that's your plan anyway ... but freezing temps, compressors, and tanks, etc., doesn't work. thumbs up

Gary
April 19, 2010 03:34PM
Yeah . . . seems as if this compressor will be like most things that sound too good to be true (at least for us). Even sadder

The building will be insulated and have a propane heater that will be run in the winter, but only when someone is using it. I'm guessing storing tanks and compressors in such a place is OK, as long as they're allowed to gently warm back up first before use? You do turn down the shop temp when you're not there, right?

-- Jim
April 19, 2010 08:55PM
Jim,

I never allow the shop to freeze. It hovers at 40 F at night in the winter. No ... you can't let compressors freeze. There's always some water residue in filters, etc. Shop compressors accumulate water in the tank. I never let then freeze anyway.

Hey - what are you saving that enormous basement for?

Gary
April 19, 2010 11:37PM
Jim,

Sorry I didn't get back on the email you sent right away. I was taking some family time... I'm with Gary on both points; the "alternative" is going to be a bit of good idea gone South after filling a 88CF tank, and you'd be most happy in the end with an electric Bauer or similar compressor running in the basement.

I've got and have had a garden shed for years, the stuff in there weaters far better than it would in the open but it's not where I would run expensive gear that depends on lubrication at start-up and makes high pressure air and water... On top of that, gas engines are better now but not remotely as reliable or maintenance free as electric.

My recommendation is to get a Bauer or similar compressor that runs off of 220 and park it in the basement. With your usage (even if that climbs to my useage), you'll have hardly any maintenance, ever. Put that same compressor out in a shed and you'll be replacing corroded parts. Mix that with a gas engine you forget to put "fuel stabalizer" in and you'll find yourself looking for a carb rebuild kit and new spark plug just before the big shoot...
April 23, 2010 01:18PM
This reminds me of the current trend for 48cc motorbikes around here. You CAN transport yourself on one. You CAN use it without license, insurance, and tags. But .... do you really WANT to?

scholar

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021