Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bullet RPM revisited

Bullet RPM revisited
May 22, 2010 08:49PM
Here is a article i snagged off another forum.

[accurateshooter.wordpress.com]
Re: Bullet RPM revisited
May 22, 2010 08:56PM
Oh NO!!!!

why me stunned eye popping smiley knucklehead brick wall Help! chainsaw crazy Even more coffee

USA!  USA!

Gary
May 22, 2010 10:41PM
Read the article and the comments. Sounds as if the readers were as varied as we were when we discussed this before. haha.

Guess it could be interesting to publish a collection of the RPMs (based upon their formula ..... MV times 720 divided by twist rate) .... to get an idea of what our bullets seem to like.

I'd think an average seemed to be about 800 fps ... and a 1-16" twist rate. 36,000 rpms according to them. But - I know that we shoot diabolo pellets at those specs, and also most big bore slugs .... close to the same. So - I'm not real sure what we learn. We have a 17 cal. 10 grain pellet that's 3/16" long and a 58 cal. 350 grain slug that's around 3/4" long. What useful information can we apply? That's unless we're going to say that splitting hairs between 800 and 820 fps makes a difference. Between 1 / 15 1/2" twist and 16" twist ... etc.

Guess it makes a difference. Can we really apply it?

Gary
May 22, 2010 09:26PM
I don't think I can take it. crying
May 22, 2010 10:06PM
Hey -

Did you get your mail today?

Gary
May 23, 2010 03:07PM
Nothing but bills...
May 23, 2010 03:26PM
That was it. I sent you a bill. knucklehead

hahahah.

More coffee

Maybe Monday. Will most likely be another one of those that take two weeks to get the 2 hours to you. ;?)

Gary
May 22, 2010 10:56PM
Yeah, i'm sorry guys. Just could not resist. I read it understood the numbers and formulas but just did not agree. But its hard to not believe what a major bullet manufacturer sais especially when the have SCIENTIST on there team.

Guess i'm still confused..lol.

Just dont see bullets in slow motion videos spinning faster than they are moving forward. Especially at 300,000 rpm.
May 23, 2010 03:16AM
This is child's play. You want a REAL challange, we just spent two hours trying to make the Wii console recognize our home wireless network. It INSISTS that our password is NOT. It will do a search and find our wireless network ... BUT ... no deal.

You know ... this "Mother may I" game that we are forced to play with absolutely everything we touch these days, REALLY torques my lug nuts. I've spent accumulated WEEKS of time screwing around with some program that's protecting me from myself. I could hammer the things down to the last electron.

There ... I feel sort of .... refreshed now. Snowman

Gary

Oh ... the bullet stuff. You know ... I always found that it's the people who don't shoot, that spend the most time talking about this stuff anyway. wink

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021