Anonymous User
Barnes For Sale over on the Yellow
May 29, 2010 03:47AM
Very nice Appaloosa for sale over on the yellow classifieds, here is the Link

[www.network54.com].
Re: Barnes For Sale over on the Yellow
May 29, 2010 12:26PM
Saw that .... Nice little rifle.

I know Gary will rage about it, so I might as well jump in too: I'm not sure how folks that buy these Barnes rifles off the used market (besides me, of course wink ) expect to obtain their asking prices while doing no marketing / promoting, shooting of the gun and / or documenting its capabilities, while listing it alongside $50 aftermarket Crosman parts. brick wall Just an observation.

-- Jim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2010 03:37PM by barnespneumatic.
May 29, 2010 12:47PM
admin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not sure how folks that buy these
> Barnes rifles off the used market (besides me, of
> course wink ) expect to obtain their asking
> prices while doing no marketing / promoting,
> shooting of the gun and / or documenting its
> capabilities, while listing it alongside $50
> aftermarket Crosman parts. brick wall Just an
> observation.
>
> -- Jim

Jim,

I tried to buy a used Barnes rifle a few years back and after threee e-mails, two of which I asked the owner to identify himself, I still don't know for sure who was selling the rifle. I have my guesses but the owner never had the courtesy to identify himself.

Strange people out there.why me
May 29, 2010 04:21PM
My only addition would be that we have a Classified Ad section here. Free. Oddly ... nobody uses it but Joe. more confused

Gary
May 29, 2010 03:46PM
It's a very nice 32 caliber carbine. Anybody that wants one need not be afraid of it.

I think this guy just snagged it because the last buyer underpriced it. He's a collector of spring guns. Just bought this on a whim. Now wants more spring guns.

They don't come up often. I don't have any.

Gary
May 29, 2010 04:14PM
Gary,

He's listing it as a .30; I thought that was incorrect.

Lon
May 29, 2010 04:19PM
It wants .320 buckshot or .318" slugs.

Gary
May 29, 2010 06:56PM
Nice looking rifle! Is that shrouded Gary....I imagine it is quite quiet?
Cheers
Neil
May 29, 2010 07:30PM
Ha! I know that gun and it wants Falcons and Bishops! In .318 by goodness! Clearly the fellow bought that gun because it was a deal. He doesn't even have the right caliber in the ad which makes it clear that this is not the gun he shoots but the one he preserves. Hopefully the next owner shoots it a lot. With slugs or ball.... It was shooting great the last time I saw it.
May 29, 2010 08:06PM
Hello Neil,

Yes - it's shrouded. It's very quiet. The shroud tube and internals are solid brass. The barrel is chrome moly.

Gary
Anonymous User
May 29, 2010 10:37PM
And i appreciate those classifieds too!!!!!! wow

I was thinking when I read the add that gary made those in .32 and not .30 caliber, I was also wondering why he didn't post it here if he got the gun from Gary, now I know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2010 10:44PM by Joe Hoover.
May 30, 2010 12:45AM
Hi Joe,

No matter ... he was free to post it here. Don't know why folks don't. Up to them though.

Glad they work for you.

Gary
May 30, 2010 01:38AM
Hi Gary:

The mindset is to "go where the numbers are." The YF obviously has more airgun-related traffic than anywhere else on the net. Unfortunately, it also has the most airgun-related idiots and other noise. google eyes The guy is obviously thinking to get the rifle in front of the most eyeballs that he can; however, that doesn't necessarily imply the most potential buyers. Here's another thought: if you were trying to sell a tricked-out custom Talon, would you try to sell it in the YF Classifieds or on the TAG forum? scholar

It's all about knowing your prospective buyers and marketing accordingly. Me, I'm happy to sit on my Barnes rifles and shoot them as often as I can for now. shooter with bench rifle

-- Jim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2010 01:39AM by admin.
May 30, 2010 03:07PM
I just want to make clear that I don't have a problem with someone offering one of my guns for sale - anywhere they care to do so. It would appear that this gentleman bought a bargin, and is looking to resell it. Hardly a story there. I hope he does well, and that the new owner enjoys it.

It would seem that everybody discussing this offering, saw it on the YF. So; a casual observer would have to conclude that it wasn't a bad call for the guy to place it there. Now, when the day comes that our readers don't know what's going on over there, then I suppose our forum will have grown. Until that time, I'll continually try to get build this forum, while I our readers report what they saw everywhere else. whistling Based on that fact, I think it might be good to tone down the references that creep into posts about the other forums that our readers obviously keep going to.

I encourage people to help build our forum. Post, comment, ask, offer for sale or trade. This is like trying to build a mom and pop hardware store right between Lowes and Home Depot. Many comment on loving the civility and the learning discussions here. But ... that's like serving the best darn stuffed quail in town. Yum .... maybe once a month. Until we get some quanity of hamburgers, fries, and hot turkey sandwiches over here ... we're never going to grow this forum commumity.

smileys with beer

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021