Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any ideas from the "Would like to shoot but can't find the time" guys? MOVIE AND WEB PAGE LINKS ADDED

I was clicking through old posts here and found we have amassed a wealth of pictures and videos of lots and lots of things getting shot. There are pictures and videos of steel targets getting hammered by slug and shot, there are pictures and video of game being taken, there are pictures and video of penetration tests using wood panels, milk jugs, duct seal, cinder blocks and ballistic gel, there are pictures of accuracy testing at short and long range and videos of muzzle blast and more.

When I look at other forums, I often see questions regarding what would happen if you shot this or that. In many cases, we actually have a video posted here of that very shot! Unfortunately, we don't get the traffic here so many know where to look and few of the members here ever bother to tell anyone to come see the post they are looking for...here.

What I don't see very often is any original idea. I see lots of suggestions to do something we already have posted here but nothing new and interesting.

Who has an idea for a video shot that will result (or might result) in a great video with color and flying bits etc.? Any ideas about a video that answers some recurring question or refutes some lingering misperception?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2010 05:48PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Any ideas from the "Would like to shoot but can't find the time" guys?
June 21, 2010 01:31AM
I withdrawal my idea.

Carry on.

take a bow

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 05:49PM by barnespneumatic.
June 21, 2010 02:42PM
Even if you're not interested in the better equipment idea...feel free to dream up something cool to shoot!
June 22, 2010 04:56AM
C'mon! I liked Gary's idea even if I didn't think it would get much support. I can't believe there's NO original thought out here though!

Seems like we get ideas for a better shot or post AFTER we shoot and video something but we can't get ANYTHING BEFORE we spend the time and effort?

Don't be bashful!
June 22, 2010 05:04AM
Jerry,

One of those big a__ed Justice slugs split on an axehead in slow mo. Maybe each half going though a plywood backer after being split.

Justice slug hitting sealed plastic gallon jug in slow mo.

Lon
June 22, 2010 05:43AM
Thanks Lon,
That one goes in the hopper for sure. Unless Kent does it first, we'll have to wait until the next .87 comes up in Gary's order. 'Course, I might give it a go once the Yukon is ready! I'll have to bring PJ along to do the shot though if Gary won't do it. Lord knows, I can barely see an axe head much less hit one!
June 22, 2010 05:00PM
Jerry,

Just put the axehead 10 yards away and tell everyone it's 40X zoom.nowthatIthink

We're talkin' Hollywood here.singing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2010 05:00PM by Bigbore.
June 24, 2010 02:56AM
Lon,
Here's your water bottle and duct seal stopper all in one. I did not have my whiz bang camera when this was shot. I also didn't have video editing capabitliy so you'll have to sit thru the crickets until the 29th sec. You'll also find a couple of others posted in my youtube "library".

[www.youtube.com]

I had a suggestion that I haven't acted on yet. A slow mo of a shotgun blast from the CJustice. That in addition to the axe shot will keep me busy, getting it right.

Kent
June 24, 2010 03:55AM
Nice one Kent! I remember that from way back! I like that the shot takes down the whole "set!"

The idea for a slo-mo on the Justice shotgun shot is exellent. It would be awesome if you could get a slo-mo fo you shooting clays with it too. I regularly read about the desire for an effective air shotgun and seeing video of one would be great!
June 24, 2010 05:29PM
Since the Justice 87 has been playing a part in your thread, I wanted to remind folks of some of the archived materials we have ... but forget about.

There's several pages of range photos and movies on my website. Any mention of prices, availability, etc., are past history. Here are a few of the links:

Field Justice 87 My early field tests and documentation of the new Justice 87 model

Justice Movie Kent shooting clays, and 90 yard offhand targets with the Chief Justice 87

Justice System Shows the sub caliber inserts available for Justice, Woodsman guns

Justice System 2 Don't miss this last page - especially down around the last full screen or two. It shows some of the most interesting documentation I've seen on airgun slugs and hydroshock. Also - gives you a different view of just how and when the bullet imparts it's energy.

Enjoy,
Gary

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2010 05:58PM by barnespneumatic.
June 24, 2010 05:47PM
I finally got that Justice Movie link correct. It will download from my website - might take 45 seconds or so.

It will show Kent shooting clay birds with his Chief Justice 87 and bird shot. He nails them - waaaaaay out there. But it's hard to see on the small format movie. It will show Kent standing, offhand, shooting 90 yard targets with his Chief. One of the targets @ 90 yards is a small 6" square block of wood. Another is a steel disc hanging from the target backer frame. In one instance, he knocks it down, and the thing sticks in the ground like an axe. The "squirrel" at the end, is on flexible plasti-core material, nailed to a 6 by 6 block of wood. Checking the shot pattern there. Very good coverage.

Don't ever bet against Kent ... whistling

Gary
June 24, 2010 06:03PM
OK ... I see the bench rest. I've seen him do it so often, I missed that on this one.

Tell ya what - you shoot off the bench, and Kent will shoot offhand ... and I'll bet my hat on Kent. haha. Been there - seen it.

Gary
June 26, 2010 05:21AM
Kent,

We have to slow it down. I have to confess their IS something entertaining about the whole "set" coming down. Sorta like a bonus.shooter
I'm not taking that bet!
Hey

How'd you like the movie? Did you remember that one?

I thought the slug thru the jug stop action was cool too. cooler Don't know where Jay got to. Nice fella.

Be fun to see Kent's new movies with his fancy Dan camera.

Gary
the movies are great. I did remember them...just as I saw the first frame...

We do need to get the new cameras trained on Kent and the Justice for sure. Especially the clays shooting. A better angle or backdrop and some slo-mo will make a great movie.
Gary your much to kind. jammin'I remember shooting these with Gary we had a blast as you can tell in the audio. The toughest shot was the clays with the scope in place. I mounted a 1.5x6 scope but it is still tough to pick up and track a moving target. As shown it can be done. This may be tougher for me because I am blind in my left eye. I'm a pretty good wing shot with just a bead but I suspect the scope limits my already narrowed (by half) field of vision and prohibits my tracking. skeet

I'm not sure how we will get some better shots of clays being shot, but I bet the HD video on the new camera will make a big difference. This is one I'll need to get some help with, I don't have a Patriot missile tracking system for the camera.

Kent
Video, shmideo, thanks for posting that a half blind guy can out shoot us all! brick wall
Ahhh ... the FORCE is strong with this one .... ummmm ... yes? ... no? Green bowing

Gary
Guys,

Dug up the Cup O Joe footage, lot of Chief Justice stuff in there. I sent everyone a copy no?

Lon
Lon, I have my copy. There sure was a lot of stuff there. I wish I would have had my camera way back then. It would have made a great video capturing the "split the slug on the axe head" competition. I really wish I had a video of Joe doing it off-hand!
OHHHHH JERRY,

i shot a lemon and a cup of apple sauce at 101 yards. Both which is smaller than my fist.

Can i now officially join the 100 yrds SMALL target club?
That definitely qualifies!
No - not without pics min. or video best.

knucklehead

Gary winking smiley
Baseball bat on the label at 50 yard's. Dead pig headshot 100 yard's will give the hunter's something to look at. db
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021