Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Funny Stuff from Mississippi

Funny Stuff from Mississippi
October 21, 2010 07:49PM
As I go thru my pics ... I grab a few here and there. Good memories already.

a_WarWagon.jpg

The War Wagon gave me a cozy base station - and coffee was ready for all.

aa_wolf_pkg.jpg

The Timber Wolf arrived in it's special custom case ... made the night before we left. Blue dense foam and duct tape. Will most likely last for decades ... haha.

aa_targets.jpg

We have to carry our targets when we go afield. Kent uses his diesel Kabota 4WD and fork lift. Julio and Kent set out the colorful steel knock over targets on the timbers. A bank of sixteen at 50, 75, 100, and 143 yards. Also a complete small bore range of Heaven knows how many targets from 20-80 yards.

I'd taken the War Wagon, and thought it would be great to do the long range big bore targets from the bench positions in there. It was parked outside Kent's barn. Before we started, Kent looked across the bench, and saw that the 143 yard targets were obscured by a patch of bushes. he said he'd just go "trim them" ... only take a minute.

aa_trimbushes.jpg

I heard this rumbling and steel clanking/squeeking like a Tiger tank coming around the corner ... and .... there went Kent. To "trim" the bushes. He took a scoop of several bushes out by the roots. hahaha. No hedge loppers required! thumbs up

A-firstprize.jpg

And ... first prize for the shoot was this perfectly restored 1959 Chevy pick-up. What a shoot!

more innocent

Gary
Re: Funny Stuff from Mississippi
October 22, 2010 02:47AM
Here's some of the non-shooting "festival" activities. Oh BTW, this is a photo montage feature of the Casio showing Emily and then Timmy using the zip line over the "swimmin' hole".
Emily Zip.jpgTimmy Zip.jpg

We had a great group of young adults at the shoot that reflected the care and love invested in their upbringing.

Kent
October 22, 2010 04:38AM
That weekend must have been great!

I want to drive the dozer!
October 22, 2010 01:21PM
I have run this one. Kent has all the Big Tonka Toys. He's just dug another pond too.

a_TrackHoe.jpg

Gary
October 22, 2010 06:53PM
Soooo many toys to play with!
Until Kent explained the pics, I was worried someone had cloned Emily and Timmylaughing again
Cheers
Neil
October 23, 2010 02:35AM
Here's Root fishing the big pond!

Root in a Fog.jpg
No, that's not the shooting gallery behind him. Here's a pic of the small bore in the fog. Ranging from 35 to 80 yards. This was capable of handling up to 200 ft/lbs. Everyone really enjoyed this and it proved very challenging for all.

Small bore in the fog CC III.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2010 03:06AM by Cajun Justice.
October 25, 2010 07:07AM
I can almost smell the air just looking at the photo of the range in all the fog there. Nothing quite like a misty morning in the deep south, it's very distinctive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021