Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Afternoon

Afternoon
November 15, 2010 02:09AM
You guys had the afternoon off. The forum was down for about 4 hours here. Should have given you all time to think up a new thread? nowthatIthink

Anybody shooting?

Gary
Re: Afternoon
November 15, 2010 04:01AM
Gary,

"Anybody shooting?"

Friday I took a Ruger 10/22 to the range. The County Parks and Recreation just remodeled it, we musta got some Obama Bucks so i would like to thank the tax payers of America.

I've had the action for years so when MidwayUSA had an A&B target barrel and Hogue rubber overmolded stock both on sale, all for $150 delivered, I jumped on it. This replaces the "built to the hilt" Ruger that was stolen from me althought I had 4 X's as much into that gun. I've done some of the trigger work myself instead of buying drop in components and took it out to see how it would print on paper.

Naturally I was shooting .22 so the wind was HOWLING!why me I waited for the lulls which were few and far between and tried two different kinds of regular bulk ammo that has shot well for me in the past and it looks like this barrel will perform with either.

I'm going to true the bolt face based on the powder soot marks which adjusts the headspace too, bed the barrel and then take it for another spin in the future. Of course we will probably have answered the global warming question by then but it's not my priority right now.

I also dug a Franken-Quest chinese .22 springer out of the closet and put a camo stock on it completing a project that was start almost three years ago. The rifle has been assembled using parts from three different manufactures and an aftermarket part or two. I mounted a Bushnell red dot on it and took a dozen or so sighting shots to see if it worked and to my amazement it's actually a pretty handy little rifle, I just have to be careful were I lay it down with that camo stock, it just disappears into all the concrete and asphalt around here. Pipe smoker

So, I did get in a little trigger time for a change but nothing worth bragging about. It was a much needed break from my regular routine though.pushingarock

Lon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 04:03AM by Bigbore.
November 15, 2010 01:17PM
Good - glad you got out.

Hey - you could brush that camo stock with a soupy solution of concrete patch mix, and then spray grafitti on it .... blend right into the urban jungle then! nowthatIthink

Gary
November 15, 2010 01:44PM
I got a couple shots off with the Yukon. Now I'm all out of concrete!
November 15, 2010 03:40PM
jerry , your telling me your yukon shoots concrete ,,,, lol , go down to the butts , and shoot it all back again..lol t
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021