Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Daughter Daddy Day on the Woods Walk

Daughter Daddy Day on the Woods Walk
November 11, 2010 01:03AM
It was a beautiful day yesterday and my daughter Emily and I got a chance to shoot the woods walk. Emily has decided to adopt the Barnes Ranger Delta 32 as her favorite small bore, if you can call 140 ft/lbs small bore. No matter what you call it, it does deliver a 78 grin slug at 898 fps with great accuracy and pleasantly via it's shrouded barrel.
Sunshine Emily.jpg
Where does she get that off-hand form?
Dad Off Hand.jpg
She also steadied up with sticks for those long shots.
Emily Shoots from Sticks.jpg
What was she shooting at? Why it's a Buzzard at approx 80 yards.
Buzzard Long Shot.jpg
Here's a closeup of that rascal buzzard. This also gives you an idea of the dimensions of the gun. You can also see some of the anodized aluminum and thumbhole stock.
Buzzard Emily Smiling.jpg
This picture angle exaggerates the barrel length for an interesting photo. While it's not as long as this pic would indicate, it is a full-size gun, which Emily handles very well.
Emily Sticks.jpg
Here's another 80 yd target that, as you can see, is very tough to see in the shadows and branches. The quiet report of the gun allows the shooter to hear the bullet sizzle down range and strike the steel.
Bear Emily Sticks.jpg

I'll try to keep a camera close for the next trip afield,

Kent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2010 01:36AM by Cajun Justice.
Re: Daughter Daddy Day on the Woods Walk
November 11, 2010 01:31AM
Hi Kent:

I'm glad to see you and Emily spending some quality time together.

Emily is a great contender on any shooting contest and that woods walk is a real challenge even to the experienced shooter.

Nice pictures Kent!
November 11, 2010 02:02AM
Thanks Julio, Every moment with the kids is a quality one. I enjoy going over the pics from a nice day like this for posting. I just need to get comfortable with the little Japanese inside of me so I can learn to wear the camera full time.

Take care,

Kent
November 11, 2010 05:18AM
Kent,

Great platform, I really like the .32.

The anodizing goes great with Emily's T-shirt.

Lon
November 11, 2010 07:10AM
Kent, Emily looks to be handling that fine-looking gun very well indeed! Great pics!
Cheers
Neil
November 11, 2010 01:04PM
Nice post Kent. Emily is a shooter for sure. shooter
November 11, 2010 01:36PM
Hello Kent,

Thanks for a wonderful post. Looks like a great day.

Emily makes the perfect spokesperson for the product. I've asked marketing to place a generous contract in the mail! USA!  USA!

I'm glad to be included in something that made a great memory for you. Excellent pics!!

thumbs up thumbs up

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2010 01:43PM by barnespneumatic.
November 12, 2010 03:35AM
Yes, Bigbore I cut my Barnes teeth on a 32 a Gspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outD friend let me shoot at Standing Stone IV. It was Lon's 32 for those who weren't able to attend. Gary did a great job on the anodizing of the aluminum barrel band, receiver, trigger guard and hammer spring cover. I'll get a better close up soon. For now...

Close up Delta.jpg

Gary, thanks again for all the special touches on making this Ranger Delta uniquely ours. Emily loves to model the air guns.

Kent
November 17, 2010 07:55AM
That splash anodyzing does indeed go strangely well with the tie die shirt. Seems a marketing tie-in is in order.
November 20, 2010 03:03PM
Aaaahhhhhh, nice pics. Thats a memory she will have forever. She's doing a great job of handling that gun. Very nice

oh yeah....lol.....man, i can tell those guns of yours have some serious power....those targets are hammered...lol
November 20, 2010 03:34PM
HI Tofaz,

You are right, the guns really "texture" the steel. It's imperative to have a welder handy to fix the targets. The Sphinx is cracked and about to lose its head. rolling happy smiley
November 20, 2010 05:16PM
lol

How thick is the steel?
November 20, 2010 05:45PM
Couple of inches I think ... whistling .... hahahahh

It varies. Mostly about 110 - 187 thousandths probably. The knock overs are a good 5/16th ... and they show pockmarks and bends too. eye popping smiley BIG slap down stuff! hahah

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021