Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hoss with Iron Site & MS Delta on Woods Walk

Hoss with Iron Site & MS Delta on Woods Walk
December 11, 2010 11:18PM
My daughter, Emily and I took the Hoss 45 pistol and Mississippi Delta 32 out for a walk.
Emily Hoss Baby Godzilla.jpg
This was the first creature we met, Baby Godzilla. We both hit with the Hoss using open sites. It's a 35 yrd down hill shot.

Emily Sticks Mississippi Delta.jpg
This shows Emily using the shooting sticks, these were used only at the 116 yd target.

Dad Hoss Smoke.jpg
The Casio caught the condensation from the Hoss using the multi exposure mode.

Emily Buzzard.jpg
Here's a handsome bird we call the buzzard. It's at about 70 yards and between and under a few branches.

[www.youtube.com]
This is a vid of the Hoss firing at the Bear, what bear? next pic. It was a hit as evidenced by my reaction.

Bear Alone in the Woods.jpg

Here's the Bear after the shot. The lead has really dented the steel even at 60+ yards. I've rewelded it several times. Practice makes perfect.

Bear Splat in the Woods.jpg

This is the round ball splat held where it struck the bear. Even at this distance the lead is just a splat.

Mississippi Delta Detail.jpg

I had promised a close up of the anodizing on the Mississippi Delta. Here it is. Now there is a little dust evident on the bluing, really shows up in the oiled luster of the steel.

As you can see, we had a BLAST!

Kent
Re: Hoss with Iron Site & MS Delta on Woods Walk
December 12, 2010 12:47AM
Kent,

I really like the Hoss, nice smack-down in an elegant package.

You have really put together a great woods walk range, I'll bet you really enjoy it.bad dude

Lon

Oh yeah:

"anodizing on the Mississippi Delta". wow

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2010 12:51AM by Bigbore.
December 12, 2010 01:16AM
Excellent!

Great to see it out and about.

Did Emily say, "Pirate Scope?" That's what I heard.

Hey - that's fine pistol shooting at 70 yards! I forget ... was the front sight on there or elsewhere?

Right ... I have the case here - awaiting just the exact right moment to fix the hinges ... Help! .... hahaha.

Great post.

Back to it. Victory 32 work .....

Gary
December 12, 2010 01:26AM
Lon, if you ever get up this way for a closing or open house, stop by and we'll take a stroll on the Woods Walk. I agree the anodizing is WOW! Gary's guns are fun just sitting there, but I like to shoot them too.

Gary, This front sight is my design. Made from brazed copper with at set screw on the underside. (I still need to get that metal lathe) Don't worry the sight rests on a layer of electrical tape to prevent any scars. From your post it sounds like there may be a front sight on your end?

Kent
December 12, 2010 02:09PM
Shucks Kent .... you don't need anything I'd have here anyway. Sounds like you went all out, when aluminum tape would have done a fine job. USA!  USA!

I'll look around. I have something in my mind ... not sure if that's Hoss stuff or something else. What was the height of the front pin. It must have been correct!

Gary
December 12, 2010 02:12PM
Yes ... you need a lathe. hahah. Each time I visit, I have to press some apple peeler or pencile sharpener into service ... whistling ... hahha
December 12, 2010 02:40AM
Kent,

You have no idea how much I want to take you up on your hospitality.

I just don't want to whine.pushingarock

Lon
December 12, 2010 12:19PM
Kent,

I'm glad to see you and Emily having a good time at the woods walk.

I'm impressed with your achievements with the Hoss pistol. That bear target is a tricky one to hit, even with an scoped rifle. The bear is painted in a way that blends perfectly with its background.

Without doubt the Hoss could be used at the big bore camp!

Congratulations for this great post and thanks for sharing!

Julio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2010 10:56AM by Julio.
December 12, 2010 02:26PM
Looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you are taking advantage of not having the temperature outside colder than the inside of a freezer! Nice post....tee shirts!
December 12, 2010 07:02PM
That looked like a great time, Kent, father/daughter bonding time and some great shooting as well!
You have a great site there.
Cheers
Neil
December 13, 2010 04:40AM
Sounds like some good "boom and clang" quality time with your daughter. I'm jealoussmiling bouncing smiley
December 14, 2010 01:58AM
Very nice. Nothing like a father daughter outting.

That anodizing is something PURDY. Wow, i like that pic of it.
December 14, 2010 03:44PM
great post ,,, think by now i would have just drilled a hole , and hung the bear from a hunk of chain , lead vs steel , round here , the steel looses
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021