Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Variety

Variety
December 18, 2010 12:19AM
Christmas - parts 050.JPG

To start ... here are the brass shroud systems in a neutralizing bath, after being silver soldered. The interior machined parts are solid brass - as are the tubes. They go on two guns of the Victory 32 Class

Christmas - parts 052.JPG

One is a Victory SS and the other Blued. Here are the pressure tubes / frames ... the intakes, and the barrels.

Christmas - parts 054.JPG

The bolts ... the receiver covers ... and one of the bolt knobs

Christmas - parts 056.JPG

Towers (one with interface for shoulder stock), valve inserts, clamps

Christmas - parts 058.JPG

Trigger block and levers

Christmas - parts 060.JPG

Christmas - parts 059.JPG

Here's your sheath in the works Karl ...

Christmas - parts 061.JPG

Winter Wonderland ...

a_manger.jpg

Don't know if I ever showed you this. A Manger Scene I carved for Kelly in 95. About the size of a serving tray. From 200 year old Mahogany. We moved it this am, and took a few pics.

Tomorrow is our family Christmas celebration. Christmas day, people scatter in all directions - we co-ordinated for tomorrow.

Merry Christmas. I hope yours is Blessed.

Gary and Kelly
Re: Variety
December 18, 2010 04:46AM
The 32 Victory has always been one of my favorites and not just because it was our first Barnes. It was a gift for my wife in conjunction with the first Erwin Cup in Kentucky.
Five Pistols.jpg

Here it is along with two other Vics, the Hoss and Chaparral.

It has always been a hit during the special events for both the kids and the adults. In carbine format it mounts to the shoulder nicely, shoots buck and slug with accuracy and with the shroud the steel clang of the target is much loader than the guns report. .
Gary's shot.jpg
Here's a pro wringing out the steel in the pistol configuration.
Erwin Group.jpg
Here's some other happy Vic shooters, yes smiles even in the snow, good times!

Fine work Gary, those will be some fine guns. A couple of new owners will be very pleased with their choice.

Kent
December 18, 2010 06:03AM
Man. I've missed some good ones.
December 18, 2010 11:31AM
Hi Kent,

Good memories come to me... We had some great pistol matches on those Cups.

Thanks for posting those great pictures. I still have my snow man trophy...Hehehe

Julio
December 18, 2010 02:59PM
Hi Kent,

Great memories. Thanks much. Those were some fun shoots.

I hope you keep your snowman trophy Snowman on your desk Julio! hahaha. I'll bet your co-workers complain that you keep the office at 30 degrees F year round. hahaha,. laughing

Yeah ... Lon. I think you were ..... no ... that would be cruel .... whistling .... heheheh. We've missed ya. You better hurry back ... you can see by the pictures, that I'm falling apart at the seams .... ahhaha.

Gary
December 18, 2010 06:57PM
Kent:

Looking at those pics, I wish I could have attended that shoot. It looks like it was a fine time for everyone.

Gary:

The sheath is coming along great. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time.

Karl
December 18, 2010 08:40PM
when you see a pistol in someones hand you realise its more of a short stocked carbine than a long pistol , some really nice work there , and a great pic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021