Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

tank pressure bleed

Anonymous User
tank pressure bleed
August 28, 2011 02:54PM
Have had problem,s with releasing pressure after a fill. When i fill the rifle and try to bleed off pressure, it will let the all the pressureout of the rifle. Any help would be appreciated. Don
IMG_7256.JPG
Re: tank pressure bleed
August 28, 2011 03:07PM
Hello Don,

I had not understood that it was letting pressure out of the rifle. I thought the "flow rate" of the bleed was the issue.

The problem you are having, is that the intake valve in your rifle is not shutting. It's not anything to do with the bleed screw on your tank.

Sorry you are having problems. You will need to have the intake valve on your gun repaired. That's usually a simple fix. But it has to come off the gun, once the gun's reservoir is empty.

Gary
Anonymous User
August 28, 2011 03:34PM
Can i do this myself?
August 28, 2011 07:30PM
Hello Don,

You're the only one that can answer that. I know you have machine shop experience. I would think so, but you have to be familiar with the guns, mechanisms, safety issues, and the mechanical systems.

There will be some sort of a movable poppet valve head closing in a valve seat. It's the psi in the reservoir, once you fill it, that pushes the poppet valve head closed into it's seat, as the air is trying to escape around it and trying to exit the gun again, the way it came in thru the intake. Something is making yours stay open, instead of closing. Works like a one way check valve.

Might be dirt in the valve. A collapsed valve head. Even a damaged valve seat. Depends upon the gun, ant thus the design. But = the principle is going to be the same.

Gary
Anonymous User
August 28, 2011 08:50PM
Thank,s for the information.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021