Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Checking in - Merry Christmas

Checking in - Merry Christmas
December 24, 2010 03:07AM
Hi Guys,

Kelly and I wish you a Blessed Christmas. We hope you get to enjoy family and friends.

Last Saturday, we did our family Christmas gathering here. Saturday, we'll share a meal with friends.

a_scissors.jpg

a_scissors2.jpg

Kelly told me, months ago, that she'd really enjoy having a pr. of handmade scissors. She uses scissors all the time, and wondered if I could make them. So; for her Christmas, I made her this pr. She loved them. There's also a glove leather sheath for them - I don't have a pic here.

And ... we've continued collecting Hawks. This fellow was roosting a few miles from here this morning.

Stay safe. Stay warm. I'm sure Neil and Julio will. haha. Kent too! Well, at least Sean (Rotorhead in Alaska) will be suffereing with me. As well as Jerry and Jim here in Maryland. They are talking about us possibly getting a blizzard Monday. Oh joy. Snowman

Drop in for a cup of hot chocolate when the family gets "close" haha. More coffee

God Bless,
Gary and Kelly
a_hawk.jpg
Re: Checking in - Merry Christmas
December 24, 2010 04:21AM
Those are special scissors! I'm sure Kelly can cut tin with themthumbs up
Have a great Christmas Day Gary and Kelly and family...and Mr Hawkgrinning smiley
Cheers
Neil
Anonymous User
December 24, 2010 04:46AM
Merry Christmas Barnes family, great gift Gary I know she loves them.
December 24, 2010 04:58AM
Merry Christmas to all.

Miami checking in at a bone chilling 57 degrees, 53 w/wind chill.Pipe smoker

Lon
December 24, 2010 01:51PM
San Juan, Puerto Rico checking in with highs between 80-82 degrees and lows between 70-73 degrees.

Gary, nice pair of scissors, I’m sure that Kelly will enjoy using them… You better behave…more innocent

I love the way this hawk is looking at you. If he could talk, probably would be saying: Hey you! red facedStop taking pictures and pay attention to your driving! Please give me some privacy…laughing again

Merry Christmas to you, Kelly and all the forum members,

Julio
December 24, 2010 04:36PM
Merry Christmas to all!singing
December 24, 2010 07:21PM
Jerry .... you too. Snowman

Thank you.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2010 11:01PM by barnespneumatic.
December 24, 2010 10:21PM
stylish , def a cut above the rest ,,,
happy xmas one and all.
December 24, 2010 11:08PM
Merry Christmas and God Bless us every one !
December 25, 2010 12:40AM
I'm sure she'll love the shears. Nice warm walnut? handles. She'll be able to go all day with those! That has to be a special trick to get two sharpened edges to mesh cleanly along it's length!

Merry Christmas to all and all of yours,"festive"

From the Overmyers
December 25, 2010 01:50PM
Merry Christmas guys! We're up in CT for Christmas with Cindy's family. . . Heading back tonight to beat the blizzard home.

-- Jim
December 25, 2010 04:27PM
Where in CT??

I'm in Southbury
December 25, 2010 04:34PM
Hi Joebill:

Windsor Locks, just five minutes from Bradley Int'l Airport. Traffic was a mess . . . what is usually a five hour drive took us about seven-and-a-half hours. We're heading out this evening to try to miss the traffic and snow. rudolph

-- Jim
December 25, 2010 05:17PM
Hi Jim,

Merry Christmas.

It snowed here from 9 - 12. Covered the ground. But - by now - 1:15 pm ... it's all gone. You'll probably be fine.

We're getting ready to head out for Christmas dinner with friends. The family were scattered here and there today. Some even sick with kids sick. All are safe though. We are very blessed.

I had coffee and breakfast - then piddled in the shop for a couple of hours. Time to get cleaned up now.

Have a safe drive.

A Blessed Christmas to all.

Gary
December 25, 2010 09:53PM
Jim

I hear ya - if you are going on I-84 - and I assume you are, since it is the fastest way - you will go within 2 miles of my house!

I am just off exit 15

I think traffic tonight will be benign.....tomorrow, not so sure, they are saying up to 12" of snow for us, starting in the afternoonSnowman
Anonymous User
December 25, 2010 11:45PM
Merry Christmas, db
December 26, 2010 12:32AM
Merry Christmas everyone! We left ATL this morning at 5 am to visit family here in Florida. Just missed the snow. My kids are unhappy. ..me...not so much smiling smiley

Karl
December 26, 2010 02:20AM
10:20 pm here. No more snow all day. The prophecy of a blizzard has not yet occured. Perhaps tomorrow. I'll wait.
December 27, 2010 01:27AM
Gary

The blizzard came to my house !SnowmanSnowman

I already have a foot...and it is still coming down hard - they say we'll get 20 inches dig it
December 27, 2010 01:36AM
Barometer at 28.2 here. I hurt. Tell me again, what does the barometric pressure do to my cells, and why does it hurt ... a lot??

No snow yet.

I did bring in the pneumatic snow globes from the lawn though. Just in case. If they get wet inside - you can't pack them away until you dry them out. One year, there was one running in the living room for days ... hahaha. So; Christmas is over when the snow globe and 8 foot snowman come in.

Gary
December 27, 2010 04:41PM
Gary, what is a pneumatic snow globe??more confused
Regards
Neil
December 27, 2010 06:44PM
Hi Neil,

One of the silly things Americans do as part of Christmas decorations. haha. It's a big plastic inflated clear globe. About 6 or 7 feet in diameter. It has a red colored parachute cloth inflated base and there is an electric fan and blower within. Inside the globe, when it's inflated and running, there are lights ... and three inflated snowmen in classic snowmen attire. Then, there are a million little white styrofoam beads that are blown against the roof of the globe ... up a chute built into the fabric - and they "snow" all over the snowmen. Very cartoon like - festive .... sits out on the lawn. Then, we have a nice inflated 8' snowman too. Lighted inside the white parachute cloth body .... dressed up - happy looking. Motor and fan in there too.

Snowman grinning smiley

Gary
December 29, 2010 04:51PM
Thanks Gary, sounds very Christmassythumbs up
Cheers
Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021