Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rules for the Shooting Match... shooter with bench rifle

Rules for the Shooting Match... shooter with bench rifle
January 05, 2011 11:54AM
Hi Guys:

This next Friday, Gerald and I will be having some shooting matches. We will shoot at three different distances and with different targets.

This are the rules that we will follow:

- At 50 yards we will use two different targets. The first one shows 25 apples with a small dot in the center.
- The second 50 yards target shows 12 circles, aprox. 1 ½ “ in diameter, each one with a small bull’s eye.

Here a clean shot will count as a point. If the pellet or slug touches the outer line, it will count as a miss. If the pellet or slug touches the center dot, it will count as two points.

- At 75 yards we will place two targets of the same design. This one is a 10 m Air Rifle x 8 target.

Here we will shoot one shot per letter. If the pellet touches two or more rings, we will count it using the ring with the higher value.

-At 100 yards we will use two targets with the same design. This target shows a traditional bull’s eye, 8" in diameter, with five concentric circles.

In this match we will shoot five shots at each target. If the pellet or slug touches two or more rings, we will count it using the ring with the higher value.

Next week we will post the results.

You are all invited to participate. I tried to enclose the targets in this post and couldn’t figure out the way to do it. Feel free to write me a PM and I will e mail the target files to you.

Julio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2011 12:01PM by Julio.
Re: Rules for the Shooting Match... shooter with bench rifle
January 05, 2011 07:15PM
JULIO

I HAVE THE 2 SCUBA TANKS READY FOR THE RUMBLE!!! --- WAINTING THIS FRIDAY JAN 7 / 2011 FOR THE MATCH.

GERALD

January 05, 2011 08:58PM
Hey - how about the "busting cinder blocks" part of the competition? hahah.

You have quite a handicap - dealing with actual serious recoil and orders of magnitude power difference. You should be practicing with your Nebula 2 on Kodaks.

Gary
January 05, 2011 09:12PM
Hi Gary and Gerald:

Gary-No "busting the cinder blocks" on this one, sorry.

Yes, I'm planning to bring the Nebula II, but without much practicing with it. I'll be practicing during the match. Hahah!

Gerald: I do have my air tank filled and ready.

I hope that this would be the first of a group of matches to be celebrated during the year.

Best,

Julio
January 05, 2011 11:54PM
Practicing during the match! why me

crazy

That's fine ....

Bang!

I have every confidence in .... eye popping smiley

I'm not worried ... he looks easy to take ... more confused

Maybe you could practice shooting, in your office? A target over the printer ??? hahah ..... confused smiley

LOL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2011 02:37AM by barnespneumatic.
January 06, 2011 06:43AM
OK, don't fool around with cameras too much, 1/2 an hour of high quality slow motion digital video and a few dozen stills should suffice.

We don't want Julio distracted seeing how his reputation as a shooter is on the line in front of all of his friends.Weights

Good luck guys. have fun!

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2011 06:25PM by Bigbore.
January 06, 2011 08:15PM
Please e-mail me the target files Julio.

Sounds fun.

I still have not kept a rifle that's set up though. So, we'll see ....

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021