Advanced

Victory Progress

Victory Progress
January 03, 2011 12:09AM
Victory 006.JPG

Victory 32 Pistol / Carbine

Victory 003.JPG

Victory 004.JPG

Nice full brass shroud system (solid brass inside too), gives more length for more air under in a longer reservoir.

Victory 007.JPG

This one also has a build in interface for an outrigger shoulder stock.

Almost there.

Gary
Re: Victory Progress
January 03, 2011 01:01AM
Gary:

Looks like its nearly ready. Victorys are really sweet shooting guns. This model was my favorite on the woods walk. Someone is going to very happy!

Karl
January 03, 2011 01:32AM
Thanks karl,

I dashed to the post office, the other day, with your package ....

And ... right ... they closed at noon for the Holiday. Will send it tomorrow (if they are back already ... hahah).

Gary
January 03, 2011 02:06AM
Gary:

The Victory is a great versatile air gun. This one with the shroud it's going to be very quiet.

The built in outrigger for the shoulder stock is a smart addition; this way the owner could adjust the shoulder stock to the desired length.

Kent's Chaparral has a similar device and that pistol could be fixed for small kids to shoot it as well as for adults.

The owner of this one is going to have some fun with it.

Julio
January 03, 2011 02:17AM
It's coming along very nicely. I'll bet you're looking forward to the wood work now!
January 03, 2011 01:53AM
That's a fine looking action. It seems to be a combo of the Victory and Chaparral with its adjustable butt stock. The combination well be hard to beat, especially with kids or women of smaller stature. Looks to be 32 cal, should be a blast. This setup really throws the flipper targets around and the shroud makes it quiet enough to shoot all day. The brass and stainless is a favorite look.

Thanks for sharing,

Kent
January 03, 2011 03:29AM
Gary,

Yes!thumbs up

Please keep us posted on the progress of this one.bowing
January 04, 2011 01:06AM
I found that the trigger block I mounted here, was a better match for another Appaloosa project that's in the works. I decided to take the matched hammer and trigger block and assign it to that project, and make an altered version for this. Got along pretty well. Fought the shop lights today too - haha. A battle a day keeps the projects moving.

Give me a bit to complete the new set.

I also bought blades for the stock work to start. And designed an upgrade which will swap out with both the Victory and a model I've not yet talked about. The "Hawk" takes features I've developed for different Victory and Appaloosa customers, and gives it a new platform. That's for later. However; while designing what I needed for this Victory ... I decided to make it compatible in both directions.

Gary
January 04, 2011 05:20AM
Yum....much anticipation for more of this gun smiling bouncing smiley
Cheers
Neil
January 04, 2011 10:54PM
Hawk . . . interesting. Do tell. scholar

-- Jim
January 04, 2011 11:31PM
Predatory bird Jim .... whistling ... hahahah,

No .... not ready. ya can't drag it out of me. I'm in Victory/Appaloosa land. In fact. Sid some work on your Appaloosa too. There's three of them rattling around - added some parts to the sets while tooled up.

I know ... seems eternal. 99% of what I do seems to disappear into the fabric of the shop. Will SOMETHING just get DONE??? why me OK ... back to the shop.

"festive"

Gary
January 06, 2011 02:50AM
State of the State ....

As I've dragged out parts salted away for a couple of years ... it's included several more of the Victory/Appaloosa/Heritage projects. Therefore; I've accidently made progress on ones for Jim, Brian, Reggie, and JoeBill. Green bowing

I'm sorting it out. These are all slightly different, but soooo similar that many parts are shared. I've been taking advantage of set-ups.

Gary
January 06, 2011 10:30PM
Hey, we're not about to complain about benefitting from the latest iteration of ideas learned from experience. Call it an unanticipated benefit of the ledger system. laughing again

And having seen photos of your shop, it's not at all surprising that something could disappear for a while. In fact, sometimes I wonder how you can find anything at all, seeing as you've got at least twenty pounds of stuff jammed into what appears to be about a ten pounds worth of workspace.

Perhaps that's the REAL reason for your newly slim physique...the aisles got too narrow and you had no choice!winking smiley
January 04, 2011 06:50PM
another new one ... you will run out of names before you run out of ideas ,,, great stuff
January 08, 2011 01:03AM
hey, I saw my name there.......more innocent

progress is progress, accidental or not.....

On a completely un-related note, the weathermen here forecast snow of 2-4" for us here today...

as I drove thru 6" of new snow, I heard the latest forecast on the radio "snow mostly over, few flurries left, no real accumulation"

As I look out the window right now, 9PM , I have a FOOT of snow Snowman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021