Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here Ya Go .... Additional pics - NEW DATA

Here Ya Go .... Additional pics - NEW DATA
January 09, 2011 01:21AM
a_Victory32.jpg

All recovered. Here's the Victory 32. Gee ... the trigger block and hammer fit like a glove! hahah. All I had to do was make up the rest - and use the correct Victory tube.

It's holding air. It's alive! eye popping smiley

That's the Victory, the accidental Hawk, the Nitro Express 46, The Barracuda 58, the Delta 32, and even my unfinished ball reservoir gun ... all pressurized in the shop at once! Wow. And, the Bison 56 is laying there ready to be threaded together. Along with a 25 Appaloosa almost ready to go together, and a 32 Heritage pistol coming along. Now, the Heritage will require bluing. As well as the 32 Delta Ranger that just needs it's top end blued. Then, the Tundra 45 set is complete. That needs assembled. Along with stock work. Back to the Nitro Stock (which you recall is carved).

Well, it's 9:30 Sat. night. I'll take break.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2011 01:06AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Here Ya Go ....
January 09, 2011 10:13PM
That looks wonderful! Too bad the mix up didn't produce a miracle gun, like the penicillin or silly putty discoveries. Another idea! I'll bet you do have a few of those moments in your storied airgunsmithing career. I think some of those you are keeping to yourself.cooler. If some of the non proprietary events come to mind you might share.

Hope the rest of the build goes smooth.

Kent
January 10, 2011 01:36PM
im starting to think that your ball flask gun may just be out of date if your not quick in finishing it ,,, not sure if the idea of an air power gun will ever catch on ,,, black powder is to be available soon , according to recent telegraph messages .
keep the faith
January 10, 2011 03:08PM
Yeah Tom ... you might be on to something there. The thing is getting smaller too. Started out as a 34 caliber. Went to 32. Now it's 25. It must have gotten wet or something ... If I don't finish it soon, the thing will be a BB gun!

hahah

Gary
Re: Here Ya Go .... Additional pics - NEW DATA
January 11, 2011 01:17AM
I have the Victory action complete. Boy - today the shop was a bear. Started out fighting the shop air lines - that was a comedy of errors. Then, I lost concentration and ruined the completed front barrel clamp for this gun. Then, while making another ... concentration still lapsed ... I broke off one of my custom piloted countersinks inside the aluminum. That was only the tip of the iceberg. What a day.

Anyway ... I survived. And remade the stuff I needed.

Here's the completed action.

Victory 008.JPG

I'm starting the stock ....

Victory 001.JPG

Victory 005.JPG

Victory 003.JPG

And I've tuned the action. I think this is giving a real fine plateau on the medium pressure this series was designed to use. It shoots either buckshot ball ... or the Barnes Pistol slug. IIRC, those are both 50 grains.

Victory 010.JPG

Here, I was tweaking things. The last group - bottom right ... is the completed tune.

Must complete the pistol stock, and the outrigger shoulder stock.

thumbs up

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2011 01:22AM by barnespneumatic.
January 11, 2011 01:28AM
Gary,

Going to be great pistol!

Amazed at your tuning, your FPS are very close shot after shot.

Looking forward to seeing the pistols completion.

Pedro
Anonymous User
January 11, 2011 02:32AM
Looking good Gary and the ledger is moving forward, my anticipation is climbing. Did I miss pictures of the ball reservior gun your doing? I love the way those guns look and handle.
January 11, 2011 03:45PM
Hi Joe,

I made the ball gun quite a few years ago. Part of the study that produced the Nautilus. Even though I tested them severely ... and built in fail safe overfill valves .... I just had nerves about making pressure vessels. The ball was tested to 5,500 psi with no problem. And I only run it at 2,000 - 2,200 psi. It has a built in, tunable, regulator blow valve which will leak back to ste psi, and then reset again at the prescribed psi. However; anything can be "fiddled with". And that always worried me. It's one of the reasons I never made repros of the old guns with the light weight whispy iron butt flask reservoirs. No matter how you make it safe, somebody will make an adaptor and screw it up (or blow it up).

So; the ball gun has remained as a long term test vehicle. It's been pressurized for --- probably 7 years. I figured I'd test each one for about 50 years before I sold them. Orders are being accepted .... laughing

Best,
Gary

I'll have to find you a pic Joe. ;?) I have one somewhere ... and need to get the gun into field shape for some old airgunsmith to tote.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2011 03:57PM by barnespneumatic.
January 13, 2011 10:36AM
from memory theres a pic or two over on your old site , certainly there is at least one of the welding round the flask , and the leather cover being sewn.... as i often say , anyone who hasnt spent a week reading over at the older site has missed out on a lot of info , and some outstanding pictures
January 13, 2011 01:18PM
Thanks Tom. thumbs up Yeah ... might dig that out ...
January 14, 2011 05:18PM
Looking very nice,Gary. And nice shot curve therethumbs up
Anonymous User
January 14, 2011 09:36PM
Hey Gary, I would like to see some pics if you find the time.
January 14, 2011 11:13PM
Hi Joe,

If you look into the original Barnes Pneumatics Index Page, there is a link with the name "Ball Flask".

If you open it, you will see the .32 rifle with the ball reservoir.

Julio
January 15, 2011 01:31AM
Thanks Julio. I forgot that.

Here's the link. [www.glbarnes.com]

I put a simple shop stock on it a couple of years ago. I have to get it out and shoot it more. I have a nice design drawn up to finish it ... someday.

Gary
Anonymous User
January 15, 2011 05:03AM
Oh yea, I remember that one now. Thanks for the heads up Julio. Gary you need to finish that one. That is a neat little rifle with plenty of power for barking squirrels, foxes and coyotes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021