Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Testing 1,2,3

Testing 1,2,3
January 12, 2011 04:52PM
This morning, I took the Victory stock from the oven, where it cured overnight. I steel wooled it hard ... and ... before I re-coat it, I decided to shoot the gun a bit.

Here's the stock on the action. Remember - this is just one coat of oil, and it's been steel wooled - so it looks dry.

a_VictoryTesting2.jpg

a_VictoryTesting1.jpg

I took one of my 4X Simmons Turkey Federation Shotgun scopes off the shelf. Cheap coin slot rings were already mounted. I clipped it onto the rail, and tightened it with a penny. And ...

Victory Testing 024.JPG

a_123ball.jpg

Here were the first three buckshot balls thru it. The first two overlapped ... and got me all excited ... so the third wasn't in the same hole. haha. Sun was in my eyes - snow blind - earthquake ... all that. hahah.

a_PistolSlugs.jpg

Here are three of the Barnes Pistol slugs that were specifically designed for this gun many years back. However; they are designed for close work. I don't know how these slugs do at distance. Haven't tried it. More trials needed. This is a bore riding light weight slug, that is shot - "as cast" - no sizing required. There's a certain series of barrels that like the Hornady buckshot too. This seems to be one of those - taken from inventory, and probably made 5+ years ago.

Now, I can re-coat the stock again. Put it back in the oven, and start the outrigger shoulder stock.

Thanks for taking a look. Comments are always welcome. Fruit baskets are nice. Cheese. Small or large gifts ... whistling

Green bowing

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 10:51PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Testing 1,2,3
January 12, 2011 05:11PM
Hi Gary,

This Victory pistol is looking good and it's accurate. How about the sound of the blast when you shoot it?

You shoud post a recording of the pistol in action, just for us to realize the effect of the shroud. Yes, because you don't have anything else to do...grinning smiley

Julio
January 12, 2011 07:29PM
What's that you say Julio? ... I was just napping in tha hammock ... whistling

You know, I'll see if the Nikon pocket camera does accurate sound. The Sony did not. I had a big bread box hi-8 tape digital Sony that did accurate sound. We'll see. As soon as I get out of the hot tub, I'll see.

More coffee

Gary
January 12, 2011 11:06PM
Wow - what a nice piece of wood...........more innocent

Looks like another winner, to me!

How much snow did you get , Gary?
January 13, 2011 12:49AM
Hi Bill,

Oh ... it was killer .... must have gotten nearly an inch! scared hahah. They cancelled school and everything. Funny, my Dad owned and operated 6 school busses as part of his occupation. I remember, as a young kid, he'd get up at the crack of dawn, and put chains on all the busses, so that ... as the drivers arrived around 6 am, they were chained up and warmed up. That was before we had as many lawyers. ;?)

Anyway ... An inch too much for me anymore ... but it made some nice pics.

Victory Stock 016.JPG

Gary

Wood ... right. You bet! Yeah!!! I just make those silly actions, so I can get to the good part ... hahhah
January 13, 2011 03:18AM
I really like that pistol. Dang GB...thats awesome
January 13, 2011 10:27AM
Good stuff. The stock looks great. Outrigger huh . . . interesting. coffee

Go Team Simmons! rolling happy smiley

-- Jim
January 14, 2011 05:30PM
Damn those earthquakes makin' you miss that bull Cary! However, the gun seems to be shooting straight enough despite natural disasters! Wood looks a little dry thoughwinking smiley
Cheers
Neil
January 14, 2011 06:34PM
only an inch, huh - man, I envy you guys who live in the Tropics- haha

My back still hurts from all the shovelingdig it
snow is just about as deep as this cartoon ....of course, that's relative to MY height, not yours, big guy!

Back to the hot tub for me

those slugs look to be the ticket for Victory!
January 20, 2011 11:26AM
The pistol is looking good!!!! bowing
January 20, 2011 02:29PM
Thanks Scott,

Good catch Neil ... I'll have to water it ... ;?)

Have you made it out to the mailbox yet Joebill?

Thanks guys.

Gary
January 20, 2011 11:40PM
Mailbox??

The plows took that out! They had special attachments so that they could throw the snow higher and farther from the road....guess where that landed!

Got 5 more inches the other day, then a 1/2" of ice. 5 more inches forecast for tomorrow. I'm going to San Diego on Feb 16th for an orthopedic conference...seems like a year away !
January 21, 2011 04:42AM
Niiiiiiice!

I'll bet that grip feels great.Pipe smoker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021