Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Identify

Identify
January 24, 2011 12:41AM
A game of "Identify" the object. Who's the most knowledgable airgun gadget guru?

Guess Pellets 009.JPG

Gary
Re: Identify
January 24, 2011 02:19AM
Looks like a round-nosed Shrike, but with the bottom cut off.

-- Jim
January 24, 2011 02:45AM
Looks like it's been sized.
January 24, 2011 02:49AM
Guess Pellets 006.JPG

Here's another pic. Hasn't been cut off, nor sized. It's just a pellet.

But which brand and caliber ...

GAry
January 24, 2011 03:05AM
Looks like a light weight slug. I'd guess for the 32 cal guns.

Kent
Anonymous User
January 24, 2011 03:24AM
9mm korean pellet
January 24, 2011 04:24AM
Yeah ... I won't drag it out ....

Guess Pellets 012.JPG

Guess Pellets 011.JPG

Shown with a .177 and a .22 .... this is my 8mm/32 series. Series, because I have the ability to change the length and interior cavity - thus a wide degree of weight possibilities.

Julio ... this will be something to try in your Prairie Hawk 8mm. It will also fit the 32 calibers. Pretty much all of them - all series. It will count on base obturation to some degree. I have started with examples approx. 42 - 80 grains. Hopefully, the Victory, Heritage, Ranger, Prairie, Chameleon, and Appaloosa series will be able to use whatever comes out of this program.

Will be fun to see it they fly. Some version of the thing should. I'm showing this (which is unusual for me) ... because ... clearly ... I didn't invent the pellet. And there's a bunch of detail and testing of cavity shape, depth, length, weight ... that will determine what actually flies.

Gary
Anonymous User
January 24, 2011 07:17AM
That is sweet looking pellet Gary, the diablo shape should certainly help it stabilize and fly well. Ain't it great to have an airgun master just whip up a new bullet for you when the big boys drop the ball fellows.
January 24, 2011 02:14PM
Thank you Joe. I appreciate it very much.

Green bowing

We'll make sure there's a tin in your Chameleon box .... ah ... if they fly ... haha. If they don't ... you'll get TWO tins. (I'll need to get rid of them ... ) ......whistling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 02:18PM by barnespneumatic.
January 24, 2011 11:25AM
Hi Gary:

You can count on me to test this new pellet. shooter with bench rifle shooter skeet fudd

Julio
January 24, 2011 02:16PM
Now THAT is what I'm talkin' 'bout! hahah.

Good man.

Gary
January 25, 2011 01:32AM
And just yesterday I had a guy asking about .308 pellets for his rare springer... Now there's a coincidence for you!

Those look pretty neat Gary. I hope they fly as well!
January 25, 2011 11:55PM
Hi Jerry and All. I've been toying with the Idea of building a .308 springer myself. Have you any Idea how well the .308 springer goes or how it is structured ? I would be very greatfull for some numbers or maybe even some photo's.Cheers Danny.
January 26, 2011 02:51AM
Danny,

I would drop the idea...unless you are a committed member of the windmill chasing club! The email I got was from a fellow that has one of five RWS guns made in .308. Factories usually carry even the bad ideas for more than 5 units! That fellow was looking for ammo for his rare gun. I think he found some but it was clearly a tough act as he needed VERY light .308 pellets and nobody is making those now.

If you pursue this, GOOD LUCK! Do plan on making your own ammo as I don't think you'll find a reliable source otherwise!
January 26, 2011 09:04PM
Jerry, Thanks for the opinion. You may well be right in that the physics are such that the end result will either be a disappointment or way too big and awkward to be practical. I made a pump up gun not so long ago just as a experiment chambered in .308. It would put out two shots at 51 fpe before needing another 38 pumps to get it back up to preasure. I know I can improve on this so the pump up option may be the way to go as opposed to spring opperated. I make all my own moulds and have made deablo style slugs as a way of getting the weight down although I do tend to prefer more spitzer shape.
Anonymous User
January 25, 2011 02:19AM
Thanks Gary, I sure they will fly straight and true. It's going to be a squirrel hunters dream and a squirrels nightmare.
January 26, 2011 02:59AM
Pretty sweet looking GB. I could have used those in my now DEFUNCT jh32. Oh well

Cant wait to see more on how they perform
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021