Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hollow Point Testing - Lon, Julio, Kent ...

Hollow Point Testing - Lon, Julio, Kent ...
January 27, 2011 07:41PM
You guys, I remember asked about this ....

Got some good pics and results!

Lon - Miami, Julio - Peurto Rico, Kent - Mississippi. See what you guys are missing .... here was my morning ....

a_sidewalks.jpg a_sidewalks2.jpg a_sidewalks3.jpg

THEN .... after a shower ... I got to try a few of those amazing pellets .... backwards! As a hollow point.

The medium pellet was amazingly accurate at 50 yards, from this Victory Pistol/Carbine. I didn't even try any heavier ... as those would be for a heavier unit.

Well ...

a_hollowpoints.jpg

Here's the exact same hold ... at 10 yards in the shop - at clay. Now - the 50 yards was, or course, shot forward facing. This is shot backwards at 10. Silly accurate.

Amazing that it's the identical hold and track too. Of course, that's about the trajectory for about an 825-850 fps slug ... on at 10 - on at 50 - IIR my Field Target shooting.

a_hollowpoints2.jpg

The slugs stacked up and fused. Two perfectly stacked. This is the impact side. You can see that they have wildly expanded and folded back. The #2 and 3 slugs stacked perfectly. The first, now on top as this is the impact side, was the overlapping one.

a_stacked.jpg

This was the back, as shot (No - it's a bench bag - not my hand ... hahah)

a_stacked2.jpg

This was the impact side, as shot.

Man ... WHAT have I done? why me These things are amazing. Now ... they have to be made and distributed. Hopefully, I can make a buck from the development effort. BTW ... there's always that age old question .... "WHEN" is the perfect time to do this development work. Everybody's always waiting. I work as much as I can, on all 7 days, and the evenings. So; really doesn't much matter if it's Tuesday afternoon, or Sunday night. Stuff gets done as fast as it can. But - I'll bet some will be glad I did this. (Wait until I apply it to a 58 caliber some day .... !!!)

Now ... where's that squirrel .... fudd hahaha

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2011 08:00PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Hollow Point Testing - Lon, Julio, Kent ...
January 27, 2011 08:09PM
Julio,

I pushed a pellet thru an 8mm barrel. It made nice deep cuts - without distorting. I have made a 97 grain version. I was thinking of your 8mm Prairie Hawk ... and Jerry's Prairie III 32. Will be interesting to see how things compare.

Kent, you need to put your 32 insert in the Chief Justice! That ought to get these moving right along! hahaha.

There are Rangers and Appaloosa that they will be good for. NUTZ ,.... I was thinking last night; I don't have one. Kelly doesn't. None of my kids do! This is just ..... wrong. hahaha. knucklehead hahaha.

Gary
January 27, 2011 08:12PM
Hi Gary:

I love the scenery around your house. Especially the contrast between the snow and the clean floor…heheheSnowman

Thanks for sharing the test results. These pellets look promising for hunting and for target shooting.shooter

Julio
January 27, 2011 09:24PM
Gary,

Why doesn't the snow fall on your sidewalks?

I'll be sure to bring the P3 along next trip to the range. We ought to be able to get results from about 80 to 180 fpe.
January 28, 2011 02:35AM
Looks like you've got a winner there Gary!

The stacked slugs reminded me of the 87 cal slug with the 32 stuck in the base from Starkville. Can't miss that Robin Hood demonstration as screaming precision.

Now a 58 cal hollow point will be perfect for....naw any bullet that's a half inch or larger doesn't need to expand, it needs to penetrate.

The hollow point for small game in the mid power ranges would be great! These should also keep the bounce down to a minimum compared to the round ball.

Kent
January 28, 2011 03:31AM
Hi Kent,

Hey ... just ordered a Nikko Sterling like yours.

Hey guys ... How do you like me now? hahaha. grinning smiley

Kent ... I had my heart set on some 58 hollow point bucket slugs ... hahah. Ya know ... the things just balloon like a cheap umbrella when they leave the muzzle ... laughing ..... the ultimate "safety slug".

Gary
January 28, 2011 05:19AM
I can't keep up with you now with your 4x turkey scope, what chance do I have? I think you'll like the scope. It's not a bank buster either, so you won't be looking through tears.

If you need a safe round, the 12 ga shotgun has a bean bag available. We could easily fit one in the 7ga Chief Justice.

Kent
January 28, 2011 04:27PM
Great idea Kent!

Then, I could sell "non lethal rounds" to the government agencies ... for .... Oh .... $65/round? More?? nowthatIthink

We wouldn't want any bad guys chainsaw getting hurt or bruised up.

More coffee

Gary

I'm excited about the scope. I'm gonna put it on my snow shovel! dig it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021