Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It Came!

It Came!
February 03, 2011 05:32PM
Scope 002.JPG

Oh Boy!

Glad it's here. Now to look it over good.

I've been dizzy as a blonde for three days. not lookin' good Change in meds screwing with my BP. Now changed back, after yet another Dr. visit. Been fun to keep from falling off the shop floor. Now to catch up on three extra days this afternoon! thumbs up yeah ...

Gary
Re: It Came!
February 03, 2011 05:48PM
Can't believe you've officially turned in your Team Simmons shooting jacket. More sad What will Mr. Simmons say?

Hey, from what I hear, blondes have more fun. boing Take it easy, man, and mount up that scope! shooter with bench rifle

-- Jim
February 03, 2011 10:29PM
Oh for God's sake! You're not going to actually mount a good scope by yourself are you!!!
February 03, 2011 11:47PM
Maybe.
February 04, 2011 12:25AM
Congratulations Gary, I can't wait to see how you do when you can see the target clearly and at 32X .More coffee

Jerry don't worry when he mounts the scope it will only have a single mount. No way to get the tube in a bind that way.more innocent

We should have an even match up with the test pellets.

Kent
February 04, 2011 12:28AM
He will probably also mount the scope backwards and won't be able to figure out what the targets are soooooo small...lol

Sorry if i missed it but, what scope is that? You, no longer a SIMMONS man? What gives?
February 04, 2011 02:58AM
Oh sure ... let's poke fun at the feeble old man ... gulp.jpg

No matter ... ya young whipper-snappers will be cry'in in your pellet tins .... a_Whaaaah.jpg

Now ... I had a scope ring round here somewhere ... LetMeSeeThat.jpg

All I need is something to mount it on ...
February 04, 2011 05:30AM
Gary,

Did I miss the scope post?

I don't know about that delivery guy, you didn't invite him in for hot cocoa did you?

Lon
February 04, 2011 03:02PM
Yeah Guys ... what can I say ...

After giving the BEST YEARS of my LIFE to Hornady and Simmons .... what do I get???? HEARTACHE!!! That's WHAT!!!!

I'm sure that Nikko Sterling .... will soon be making a bobble head Gary ..... ah .... ACTION figure. Weights Now that I've joined their team.

I bought an 8X32 by 44mm sidewheel version. Extended mil-dot. It's a new convertible less than the version Jerry got ... but it seems real nice. I have found, though, that I will need to add 5 yards to the shop ... in some direction. The AO only goes down to 15 yards. We'll see about that.

Thru the years, each time I've acquired a half decent scope ... someone has wanted it left on the gun, after testing. They've always paid me for them .... but I never go right out and replace the unit. So; my stock of half decent scopes had become a store or 1/4 decent scopes. Of course, I still have a couple dozen of the 4X Turkey scopes .... but my heart is broken for now. I Shant use a Simmons scope until it's healed over some. Even sadder

For a final bite, I found that I didn't have any sufficient rings for now. I'll figure something out. Might soak a pr. of 30mm rings, and tumble them around in the drier for a few days. Maybe Kent can whip me up a pr. nowthatIthink

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021