Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hey Joe .... Assembling 50 cal. NEW PICS

Hey Joe .... Assembling 50 cal. NEW PICS
August 29, 2011 08:46PM
Hi Joe, and all readers.

I've spent the day cleaning, tweaking, and assembling the action to Joe's Washington's Hatchet Chameleon 50 caliber Smoothie.

It's been going well Joe. Seems I've even found most of the parts. Surprised me too! stunned hahah.

Had to make you a spanner wrench to adjust the power adjust feature. That will also give you access for the occasional clean/lube of the mechanism. It's well built, but it does quite a bit in a small package ... so; proper lube is advised. (An oil from the musk gland of the 12 point Whitetail is recommended). whistling

I have to apply the stock oil yet, so don't stay home from work tomorrow. But, gosh ... I didn't forget ya. How about that! thumbs up Now ... where are those stocks .... ?

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2011 01:07AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Hey Joe .... Assembling 50 cal.
August 29, 2011 09:04PM
Yeah ... ya can't see much of the mechanisms from these angles. Bummer. I know. whistling

Well, you can see the whole "spanner wrench" ... that's special. hahah.

It's coming, it's coming. I'm workin' over here ... pushingarock

Gary
Joe's Hatchet 005.JPG
Joe's Hatchet 006.JPG
Joe's Hatchet 009.JPG
August 29, 2011 09:05PM
The hammer and retainer look bright ... but they are blued and are actually dark black. It's just the lighting and reflection.

GAry
Anonymous User
August 29, 2011 10:36PM
Now that look,s like a air cannon. I really like the way it feed,s,and the fact it is a big bore..
August 29, 2011 11:58PM
Hey, Don't point That Thing At Me! Hard to believe that that sweet little ole Chameleon
could be turned into a fire breathing .50 cal !! bowing

Rick G.
August 30, 2011 12:55AM
Thanks guys.

Yes ... it certainly did "mature" with a mean streak.

There will be "horns on the wall" this Fall ... no doubt. rudolph

fudd

Gary

I might have to borrow it from Joe when I go for the deer he's been feeding for me. Guess I better cast THREE bullets. Joe, Wiley, and Gary. hahah
August 30, 2011 04:37PM
Action is all together. Working on the stock sanding, and oiling.

Gary
August 30, 2011 09:14PM
Hi Joe,

Sanding and oiling, those are magic words.... You know that it's close to be finished...

Julio
Re: Hey Joe .... Assembling 50 cal. NEW PICS
August 31, 2011 01:12AM
The stocks are finished sanding. This is the first coat of stock oil.

artist Gary
Joe's Hatchet Stocks 002.JPG
Joe's Hatchet Stocks 003.JPG
Joe's Hatchet Stocks 008.JPG
Joe's Hatchet Stocks 009.JPG
Joe's Hatchet Stocks 004.JPG
Joe's Hatchet StocksA 006.jpg
August 31, 2011 02:01AM
Ooooooooooooohhhhh. Nice!

Rick G.
Anonymous User
August 31, 2011 02:08AM
Now that is pretty, and sure he is more than ready to try that bad machine out ,and i am SURE he will post picture,s and show off the new creation,s power and accuracy................
August 31, 2011 03:49AM
Joe's with law enforcement, and I do believe he works in the evening.

I suspect he'll join the party later.

Joe's a fine shooter, and avid hunter. He and his Son (Wiley) will put some miles on this Barnes PCP ... for sure.

skeet

Gary
August 31, 2011 07:48AM
Careful you don't make it tooo nice to take out on a hunt Gary!!!scholar Some people just keep your guns in cabinets you know.....whistling
Though I suspect you know different in this case.
Regards
Neil
August 31, 2011 03:04PM
Time will tell! wink

I've been fooled before, but I think Joe is a shooter. thumbs up

I always wish the "collectors" would just tell me first. I could save time, and not bother drilling a hole in the barrel, and putting all that "stuff" inside the gun. laughing Wouldn't have to tune it, take it to the range, document it ... etc. USA!  USA!

Gary
August 31, 2011 10:38PM
Well Joe,

Your stocks are done.

Guess I'll just have to give it to some other little boy .... whistling ... since you are not around .... hahhahhah

Gary
Anonymous User
September 01, 2011 12:03AM
Hey what is all this talk about not being around, fellow has one busy day at work and everybody thinks he checked off. The gun is awesome gary, the whole package is just stunning, I'm almost at a loss of words.
I take care of all my guns, but every gun I own has what I like to call character that was earned on hunts. This one will be no different, It will get bumped on tree stands and scratched by briars but that just increases the beauty in my eyes. I look at each scratch or bump and remember when it happened and what I was doing.
Both Gary and I are going to take a deer this coming deer season using this very gun if Gary can swing the trip.

Now if everyone will excuse me I am going to go back and drool over the pictures of my sooooooooo verrrrrrrrry fine Barnes rifle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2011 12:06AM by Joe Hoover.
September 01, 2011 01:41AM
The heel of the stock. The pistol grip encases the power plant for the hammer, and there will be a brass knob to turn up against this hard black toe cap. Note the black pin stripe between the two pcs. of wood. There's a lot of detail in this grip assembly.

Joe 005.JPG
September 01, 2011 03:37AM
I think Gary deserves a shot at something with antlers for this one!
Anonymous User
September 01, 2011 05:49AM
SWEEEEEET...........................
Anonymous User
September 01, 2011 01:54PM
I do too, Jerry and if he gets down this year we are going to do our best to get him some antlers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021