Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Our buddy Neil

Our buddy Neil
February 22, 2011 03:29AM
Keep our friend Neil, and his family, in your thoughts and prayers. I just heard from him. They have had another major earthquake in NZ. I had just heard it on the news, and come up here to the office.

Neil says his family are alright ... but he says "there will me many deaths this time". He suspects the building he works in may be unsafe now. And, he will most likely be without power for some time to come.

They've had a rough time of it. Keep the area in your thoughts.

God Bless,
Gary
Re: Our buddy Neil
February 22, 2011 06:16AM
Gary,

Thanks for letting us know. He is a great guy and it's a shame they keep getting hit like this.

Lon
February 22, 2011 08:08AM
Anything over magnitude 4 or 5 is a pretty big shake, scary to experience. Best wishes on recovering from the damages.
February 22, 2011 01:44PM
Neil,

I just saw this on the news. You and yours are in our prayers.

Jerry
February 22, 2011 07:53PM
Glad to here you and yours are well Neil.
February 22, 2011 07:59PM
Glad you are well too Danny. I think you are down there too, IIRC. Hope things improve.

Gary
February 23, 2011 11:25PM
Thanks for your thoughts Garry, I'm about 300 mile from Christ Church. The quakes were felt here but only just. Telecomunications and other services are still down in parts of Christ Church and the CBD is closed off to the general public. Neils house is in view of the epicentre of the quake so he may be tenting at present. I have family and friends up there but fortunately none have been injured or have suffered any great personal loss, which unfortunately is a lot more than can be said for many. Danny.
February 25, 2011 06:59PM
in my thoughts.
February 26, 2011 12:39AM
Glad to hear that Neil and his family are okay.

Must be devastating for people in New Zealand.

May God answer the many prayers for people there.

Pedro G.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021