Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Various

Various
April 11, 2011 01:27PM
Green bowing Good morning.

Designed and built a killer new breech reamer Sunday evening. Worked great. I had to extend a breech relief to include a longer slug. New pilot system ... new drive shaft design to accurately cut an installed barrel, and work over the hammer tube area. thumbs up It took tiny, tiny little shavings - didn't scratch anything ... I love it when a plan comes together.

Also designed a new bolt system that can adjust for multiple and widely varying slug lengths. Neat for some future application.

Got Joe's Chameleon hammer/trigger/power tube thingie all precisely assembled. Gun isn't ready to install it yet. The trick will be to see if it's sufficient to adequately power a 50 cal. smoothie.

Found some neat documentation that resulted from being a sort of pack rat when it comes to targets. We had to excavate a corner of the office closet last night. Some saved targets, from range testing, showed up. I was looking thru them. Hummmm. Pipe smoker Didn't remember that ... The Reader ... Wow ... that's a fine target! And this one too! The 120 mold you say? Single tail??? nowthatIthink And .. K-4 slugs ... very nice. Hummm.

So; now I have to see if I have what I need to provide Julio with some single tail slugs. And, make some stuff for Hugh to test in his new Nitro.

Worked my buttstock off this weekend. BTW .... the med alteration I mentioned is helping. I'm grateful for that. It doesn't do a thing for lower back pain though ... odd. That weak, sore ... under the belt pain like you pulled your back. And ... neck pain and headaches ... not so much. But - it's very good for some of the other stuff. All in a day's pills. haha.

Finally stopped raining here. Grass is growing. Some fool fertilized it ... whistling

Have a skunk living under the garden shed. Came out of the shop late the other night ... heard a rustling sound, as I locked the door. Like I'd stepped on some dead leaves. With the key in the lock, I turned my head to see a huge skunk ... about 3 feet ... from my feet. More sad It seemed calm, so I just locked the door and shuffled aside. It was nosing around the foundation of the garden shed ... like it wanted to get under there. I watched it go back around the corner, in the dark ... and down to the back of the building. It's white tail glowing in the darkness - absorbing what light there was. I knew there was a bit of a entry back there between the shed and the shop. Yesterday, I rigged a one way door of rat wire. If it's under there .. and comes out ... it will have to move. A gift to one of my neighbors. haha.

OK ... off to the shop.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2011 01:33PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Various
April 14, 2011 02:20AM
Gary,

Timmy was just sorting some things in the basement and pulled out a box full of slugs that didn't sell at the last shoot. What a nice find! A bunch of K-8s and a bunch of .58s and some raptors (.46 I think) and a few others in there I bet. We'll have to find a time to go shoot big bores in the testing stage or I'll have no alternative but to remelt those slugs or donate them to the Smithsonian!
April 14, 2011 04:35PM
Hi Jerry,

I might recommend you to donate the K-8s to the Juliosonian. what was that

Please let me know how many K-8s do you have and if they can be sized to .465, I might be interested in purchasing them.

Julio
April 14, 2011 11:25PM
I'll get back to you Julio. I think they might already be sized to .465...
April 15, 2011 01:56AM
Jerry - Julio,

Don't be afraid of .463" on the K-8s.

Gary
April 15, 2011 02:12AM
No worries. I just checked and we have 98 K-8s all sized to .465...
April 15, 2011 02:39AM
Jerry,

Hold them for me. I will e mail a slugs order to you. You can ship the K-8s with the rest of the order.

Julio
April 15, 2011 02:41AM
Will do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021