Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Additional Progress Pictures

Additional Progress Pictures
September 01, 2011 01:55AM
Joe 005.JPG

I finished Joe's stocks today. Here was a pic from after the first coat of oil had cured last night.

Joe 011.JPG

These are the stocks from a very Iconic Tundra 45 Magnum I made years ago. I was contacted by the estate of the late James Hahn. I hope you recall James from the early years of the website, and the Daily Briefings. I decided to repurchase this Tundra 45 Magnum, and resell it. I've done that. I tore it all down, reblued the barrel, and refinished the stocks. The rest of the rifle was in great shape. I will adjust, and reseal the entire pc. as I reassemble it. I'll then certify it as new. This was a business opportunity. The estate was pleased to do business. They were satisified that I'd make a few dollars for my work and certification. This was an exceptional rifle. Everyone always seemed to be drawn to it. Once it's back together, I'll let the new owner show it to you.

Joe 016.JPG

Joe 018.JPG

And, I've continued work on the 32 TGMag. We had an excellent range test with it. Since it rained all day, I didn't get any chrony numbers after the tune. I'll get those in the shop, or another range session. It's a great rifle, and I'm very pleased with it. I'll complete the carvings now, and finish the stock. It will then appear in the gun room. If you are interested in this pc., don't wait too long before you speak up.

Joe 019.JPG

It has nice long lines.

And, that's what I've been up to.

Now, tomorrow; I get another set of Epidural Injections in my spine. That will be the last of the three session series. Wish me long lasting effect. My fear is that it won't last the four months until I can have it done again. Last time, I was a month short, and in the worst agony of the past six years. So; while it's great while it lasts, it's a long way down.

Thanks for reading.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2011 01:59AM by barnespneumatic.
Anonymous User
Re: Additional Progress Pictures
September 02, 2011 12:25AM
Gary the stocks look great, especially mineexcited. The detail on my stock is perfect, love the spanner wrench too. I have bought a small flip camera to make some short videos on. They down load directly to the computer. Amazing what they have now, the thing will fit in a shirt pocket with room to spare and hold 6 hrs of video. Now I need to learn how to download the videos here. Definitely won't be anything like Tofazfou does, but they will be better than what I have been doing lately!!LOL!. I hope the injections take a good hold this time, we will keep you in our prayers, and Kelly too because I know it has to be tough on her when your not doing good.
September 02, 2011 02:26AM
Hi Joe,

Yes ... Kelly tells me, all the time; what a P-A-I-N I am. And, I know that she means it in the most loving way. more innocent

We appreciate your prayers.

The videos will be great. 'specially that one of me smiling, with the big ole deer with that rocking chair on his head. fudd

You can't host videos on the forum. Simpliest thing I've found is the site called "Photobucket". Free hosting. You just sign up with a username and password. Then, you'll be offered a choice of "Upload videos and Pictures". It's free. You'll click on it, and it will let you browse YOUR computer to find your video. It will upload it when you click your choice. Very simple.

THEN ... after you see your video there in your album on the Photobucket site ... you put the cursor on it .... and it will highlight 4 choices. One will say "Embedded" ..... just clicking there, will copy that code as if you had hit "Ctrl C" ... or copy on your computer. Then, when you make a post on the Rendezvous ... you just hit "Ctrl V" to paste that code you copied, into the area where you usually type text when making a post. It will put up a code there .... but when we see it after you load your post ... it will show a player with the start of your movie there.

After you do it, it won't seem so complex.

thumbs up

Gary
September 02, 2011 11:47AM
Gary,
That was a very good description of the procedures required.
You sure you don't "Moonlight" as a Help Desk Person in all your 'Spare' Time? hahaha

Rick G.
September 02, 2011 02:32PM
Hi Rick,

Great! Glad it was comprehensible.

nowthatIthink Help Desk .... yeah ....

Might need a "fall back". Good idea.

thumbs up

Gary
Anonymous User
September 03, 2011 02:51PM
Hope those injection,s work well for you, and you feel better, with long lasting result,s. I do hope that storm Katia move,s away from the coast. I know you do not need the rain.
September 03, 2011 04:08PM
Thanks Don,

I am feeling better. Much. We'll just see how long it lasts. That's the key.

We're getting a bunch of rain and thunder storms ... but we're good here. Top of the hill - no flooding here unless it gets a hundred feet deep or so. Help! thumbs up

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021