Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Old Movies on Barnes Site

Old Movies on Barnes Site
September 04, 2011 03:29PM
No - they are not silent films, nor do they feature Bogart. They are, part of a grid of the first movies I posted on my site. With all the materials archived there, it's not easy to find things. For me either.

I found this today ... looking it up for a customer. Thought some of you may enjoy them.

Don't forget ... you guys can shoot too. How about showing some of your airgunning activities?

Link to Movies.

[www.glbarnes.com]

Hope you enjoy,
Gary
Re: Old Movies on Barnes Site
September 04, 2011 06:37PM
just thought i'd post a first ever vid of me at 10 yards hitting the backend of a crayon. i know i won't win any marksman awards but it was a kick making a video. needs some serious editing
steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2011 07:00PM by watchman.
September 04, 2011 06:50PM
Hi Steve,

Sorry - the forum doesn't host videos. You'll have to "Host" the video on something like "Photobucket". That's a free hosting site. Then you can drop in the link here.

I did a thread on that with Rick recently. I forget which thread ... maybe someone can help.

Thanks for working on it. It'll happen. All this stuff makes your head ache trying to figure it out.

Gary
September 04, 2011 06:51PM
Here ya go ... I found it.

Copy:

You can't host videos on the forum. Simpliest thing I've found is the site called "Photobucket". Free hosting. You just sign up with a username and password. Then, you'll be offered a choice of "Upload videos and Pictures". It's free. You'll click on it, and it will let you browse YOUR computer to find your video. It will upload it when you click your choice. Very simple.

THEN ... after you see your video there in your album on the Photobucket site ... you put the cursor on it .... and it will highlight 4 choices. One will say "Embedded" ..... just clicking there, will copy that code as if you had hit "Ctrl C" ... or copy on your computer. Then, when you make a post on the Rendezvous ... you just hit "Ctrl V" to paste that code you copied, into the area where you usually type text when making a post. It will put up a code there .... but when we see it after you load your post ... it will show a player with the start of your movie there.

After you do it, it won't seem so complex.

Gary
September 04, 2011 09:23PM
Hello Steve,

You did it. Worked for me.

Now - you can practice some with Windows Movie Maker, or iMovie or whatever you use. Do a bit of editing. But - you've got the hosting and link thing down. Now, you can set up a "consulting practice" for other forum members! wow

thumbs up

Good job,

Gary
September 04, 2011 06:55PM
fixed. pretty lame but thats what i got for now till i can set up a decent berm in the backyard. time to get out the tractor
steve

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2011 05:15AM by watchman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021