Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stock work .... Joe

Stock work .... Joe
June 14, 2011 12:11AM
typing Refresh typing Refresh typing REFRESH typing RE-FRE-SHHHH!!!!!! Bang!

Sorry Joe ... I had to leave the shop and "go home" for a few days.

Joe's Stock 002.JPG

I did get your forestock roughed out. Have it inlaid. You can see the lines. It's just square blocked out though. Various interruptions during the day ... ended with a neighbor asking me for help with a spigot that was leaking in his basement. He'd been working on it all day. I didn't get the stock rounded out and all sleek ... but it will be.

Joe's Stock 004.JPG

Hope you can see what it's going to be Bud! Everything has been cut from the same plank ... all matched so the grain follows thru. thumbs up

Best,
Gary
Re: Stock work .... Joe
June 14, 2011 05:26AM
Nice!

Lon
June 14, 2011 05:44AM
I'm sorryu, that's impossible. Try again and repost when ready....
June 14, 2011 02:55PM
OK Jerry ... clearly you've been chewing on pellets again ... haven't you? Remember ... we talked about that ... whistling

I couldn't follow your comment there ... to me? or Lon? And, what's impossible?

Another idea!

Or ... wait ...

You are referring to Lon's question about how the stock/loading port would interface. What do I win? One of Cedric's virtual hunts? A trip to New Zealand to see Neil's scenery? Something!! Anything!!! excited
June 14, 2011 05:03PM
You win Gary! Personally, I think you should get that dream hunt...and I should go to carry your ammo!
June 14, 2011 04:38PM
Gary,

This one looks very stout. It's going to be interesting to see the breech opening to the side and the stock rotating with it. Nice work. You know that I'm available for testing new airguns...

Julio
June 14, 2011 05:45PM
Hello Julio,

Yes ... I'm glad to hear about the Peurto Rico testing facility. I definitely need more guns, to ship around to all the offers for testing. Heck, I'd like one myself ... to test. hummm. I better speed things up another notch. "Engine Room ... Scotty ... Warp 9!! ... step on it!"

doggie
June 14, 2011 08:47PM
Joe,

I worked quite a bit today, to fit the attachment keepers between wood and action. As with everything else on the gun, it required a different method to do it neatly. I thought about just egging out a hole thru everything, and driving a nail thru the forearm (clinching it over - of course - to make it neat). But then, I said ... "Hey ... how long would THAT take!??" Hah!! So; I figured out a really time consuming "tee slot" and keeper method that works a treat, now that it's built. thumbs up

Therefore; as soon as I knock the edges off the forestock ... you could take it to the woods and punch holes in stuff ... fudd ... ehheeh. But, if you want it all blue and such ... I'll have to toss it in the crab pot.

smileys with beer

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2011 08:48PM by barnespneumatic.
Anonymous User
June 15, 2011 01:23AM
Very nice. I like this and it has a compact look. Nice to hear you are feeling better. do not hear this often and would like to hear it more often.
June 15, 2011 01:54AM
Hello Don,

Hey - I'm with you. And, I'm willing to feel good for some time to come, should it work out that way. thumbs up

This gun has turned out very well. I'm sure Joe will make every effort to wear it out, and it will be fun to watch.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021