Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anticipation ....

Anticipation ....
August 07, 2011 06:52PM
Not a gun ... sorry. The last five weeks have prevented me finishing that. I shall though ... asap. I'm feeling stronger and my head is back on my shoulders. Forgive the mentions of health ... I do try to keep them brief. There's simply no way to explain delays though, without injecting the cause of the delays. This was the worst one of the last six years ... honest to God.

Now ... I will have a small item to put on "Gary's Gun Room". Something totally handmade. Something very detailed. It's not very expensive. It's unique. In fact ... I could make these for decades, and never make a duplicate if I wanted to. You could actually make a small collection of them for an office display. It's also something functional, although more from a time past.

To farther pique your interest ... consider this: What small heirlooms will you pass to your children? Your G3 iPhone? Perhaps an old iPod? What did you use for decades? Carry for decades? Right ... your old laptop/notebook. They will love that. hahaha. The society has been sanitized of all our "Stuff". Heck ... I have my great, great grandfather's eye glasses. Remember ... even Capt. Kirk had a pr. of those that figured a part in the major motion picture ... the one with the hump back whales. But now ... are you putting your used contacts into a solution of saline to pass down? I doubt it. We really can't carry a knife most places ... especially if we travel for business. Who even uses pens anymore - other than a toss away stick pen. We used to have personalized lighters and cigarette cases. Go back to the 60's for that ... maybe on the show ... what is it? "Mad Men?" ... never watched it.

OK ... nuf said. We got nothing. We stand here in our business suits with not a darned thing in our pocket. Maybe a swipe card for security doors. That'll be a precious memory one day on your Son's dresser. whistling

OK ... let me finish ... and I'll show you a few things. I'll do the disclaimer here and now ... so I won't ruin it there. I've felt the worst in the last five weeks then I have in the last six years. It's mostly passed now. But; I have not been able to do what I wanted. I'm amazed I got anything done at all. That's always gonna be a factor of my work forever. People tell me that cannot see the pain in the work. I'm glad. But if anybody ever bothers to write the book ... it's gonna be about a body of work produced under a tremendous handicap. Please forgive the fact that another gun isn't finished. But ... something is, and that's better than sitting on the couch.

Gary
Re: Anticipation ....
August 08, 2011 07:31AM
You've got a point Gary, there's not much in the way of heirlooms that get passed down these days, especially something that gets daily use. I guess I could carry around my dads slide rule someday, but he's still using it. winking smiley

My vote is for a pocketknife, but the way things are going with the paranoid idiots at the TSA, we'll be lucky to be able to carry spare change in our pockets on an airplane these days. You know, you might try to unscrew the cockpit door with a nickle or something like that.
August 08, 2011 03:01PM
Hello Rotor,

You'll have to wander over to "Gary's Gun Room". Where you'll find the perfect solution! The craftsmanship alone, is well worth the price ... if you only use it occasionally. It will stay around, and become yours.

Gary
August 08, 2011 04:36PM
Oh.........Ohhhhhh(waving hand wildly in air)

It's a watch with each link of the wrist band carved.more innocent

Lon, live from the man cave
ManCave.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2011 04:40PM by Bigbore.
August 08, 2011 04:41PM
Looks a bit foggy in Miami today, by the pic. But hey ... it's all yours!

thumbs up

Gary

Yes ... the watch band would be perfect. For the Spy set ... to carry a few grams of truth powder ... magic pixie dust ... very secret stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021