Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Outlaw shotgun

Outlaw shotgun
August 22, 2011 09:48PM
I was up at my Dad's farm mowing, Saturday and a neighbor stop by. He had just come from a Turkey shoot. He had just bought a gun their that was a Outlaw shotgun. I had never seen one before. Was regular 12 gauge shotgun with a 48" barrel. This particular one was stainless.

He said they use them at special Turkey shoots at 60 yards. Instead of usual 25-30 yards. It was made so you could put different chokes on it. He also thought it had been modified with a restriction a little ways down barrel. He also said they had figured out how to make the pellets group at that distance.

Anybody know more. Not a lot on net about what's going on inside to make it group at that distance. Dory
Re: Outlaw shotgun
August 23, 2011 02:23AM
Wow, a 48" barrel! If that was an airgun it would be getting abuse left, right and center for being too long. I'm interested in hearing more.
August 23, 2011 02:25AM
Kent actually once sent me a video, site ... where people were shooting shotguns with barrels in the neighborhood or SIX feet or more. Honest. Yes - looked very different.

Point was ... they would reach waaaaaaay out .... AND ... because of the absurd long barrels, for some reason ... they were very quiet.

Gary
Anonymous User
August 24, 2011 01:03PM
My buddy from Missouri has one of these and his nick name is goose gun.
August 24, 2011 02:36PM
I have a poor quality loose leaf photocopy of an early book talking about historic airguns. I got it when I first started, but I you can barely see any detail at all, so don't ask me for a copy.

Point I wanted to make: Many of the earliest PCP airguns had barrels of 48 inches, and more. There were charts and listings of dimensions like barrel length and caliber.

Of course, the early woodsman carried flintlocks with great long barrels. Some of the guns are extremely long. They lived in the wilderness, and hunted for survival.

This was before it had been determined, on the net, that nobody could/should carry a long gun, because you couldn't get thru the woods with it. Jerry - you are right in your comment; especially in the early years ... everybody wanted me to make them short guns - with enormous power. Of course, a PCP doesn't work that way. And, I've reproven many times, what the old timers knew. You add five inches to a PCP barrel, and you get a lot more power, and a better balanced shot. But, you have to talk someone into buying such an animal. And then, you can be sure their friends will explain to them, that their gun is too long. grinning smiley

Gary
August 24, 2011 02:40PM
Hey Gary,
Can i get mine with a 36" barrel? Should be able to still swing it & it will be even Quieter?!!

Rick G.
August 24, 2011 02:41PM
To my knowledge, yours is a long barrel. I'll check afterwhile. There's so much stuff in the racks out there, I might be mistaken. If so, we'll stretch your barrel. ;?)

Gary
August 24, 2011 03:08PM
OK, i see you might be taking me seriously, SO...
Lets just do the "Normal" barrel length.

Rick G.
August 24, 2011 04:01PM
Actually ... I checked ... your rifle barrel is 72" ... right on the money!!! Congrats!!!!

hahaha.

Fine, I'll just hack saw it off....... Even sadder

Gary
August 24, 2011 05:19PM
OK, be sure to use that "Special" blade.. The one with 10,000 TPI, i wouldn't want a 'rough' edge left behind!!

Rick G.
August 25, 2011 04:48AM
So what would happen if you made a 48" barrel for my .87 in 10 years when your caught up. What does a lot more power mean.smiling smiley? Dory
August 25, 2011 03:06PM
Here's the problem. With "Base-line Budgeting" ... it's already written into law, that there will be 7 trillion dollars added to the national debt in ten years. Total ... 21 trillion dollars plus. That's without any NEW spending. Just in case any reader doesn't know ... Baseline budgeting - written into law by Nixon ... means that no government department can budget less next year ... than it did this year. In fact ... it's law that it goes up some percentage each year ... 3.5-7% I think. So; with doing nothing at all ... it compounds another 7 trillion in ten years. Once you get to these numbers - it compounds at an enormous rate. It will take 20% of the WORLD's wealth, to service the US debt by then.

So: if I'm alive, I've be living in the War Wagon, on a WalMart parking lot - somewhere near you. hahaha. We can field test the concept ... if we can find a pc. of pipe. thumbs up

Gary
August 25, 2011 05:30AM
7% minus taxes...
August 25, 2011 06:30PM
And of course, there is no one "Smart" enough in the Govt., to realize that That Law needs to be RETIRED.!

Rick G.
Anonymous User
August 26, 2011 12:34PM
WHAT no more blue light special,s at kmart..................
August 26, 2011 02:09PM
Jerry, 7% minus taxes means I would lose power. I like the quieter part though. Dory
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021