Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Water Jugs & Others

Water Jugs & Others
October 06, 2011 11:14PM
My plan today was to blast at 50 yards some water jugs, plastic bottles and others that I’ve been saving for a day like today. The rifle for the job is the Caribou .46, shooting the .318 grains Bishop slug at aprox. 500 fpe.

Water Jugs.JPG

I hope that you enjoy the movie:

[www.youtube.com]

Julio
Re: Water Jugs & Others
October 07, 2011 01:01AM
JULIO!

YOU da MAN!

Excellent work. Excellent movie skills. Loved it.

Nice Shirt too! hahah. And, what's in that belt sheath? Could it be one of the knives I got talked out of? hummm? hahaha.

Thanks so much for the video. Looks like you had fun, and the gun did a fine job.

Love it.

thumbs up

Gary
October 07, 2011 04:12AM
Thanks Gary, and yes I had a lot of fun. I had an awesome range time. Everything was falling into place.
This was one of those perfect times...LOL!
October 07, 2011 02:54PM
Yes - we all need more of those times!

thumbs up
October 07, 2011 04:11AM
Very nice Julio!
October 07, 2011 05:20AM
Julio,

Great video. Thanks for the entertainment.

Lon
October 07, 2011 05:45PM
Awesome video Julio. I really enjoyed that one. Upon every shot at a bottle, when it exploded, i squinted....lol. Like the water was gonna hit my eye or something....lol. So you did a great job. It was very entertaining and my kinda movie...lol

Not sure what the Bishops look like but i can tell you at least you will need at least 4 of those 1 gallon milk jugs to stop the bullet. Probably closer to 6 of them for sure and you will recover the bullet. The more you wanna stop one of those bullets either the more material you gotta have or the FURTHER away you have to shoot it. I had a 5 gallon thick plastic container that we use at work for transporting hydraulic oil and i decided to fill one to the rim with water and set it up END to END (laying down lengthwise) to get the most out of the container to stop the bullet. I set it up at 160 yards and decided that my 310 gr 457 HP's would be EASILY stopped by the jug. End to End, the jug is about 2' long. The HP's went clean through it like it was EMPTY. The force with which they hit the THICK PLASTIC container and exited just made me understand fully how powerful these guns really are. I shoot a lot of MEDIA and i was in AWE when i watched the video of the bullets hitting and exiting the jug like it was empty.

So trust me, you are gonna need a lot of material to stop that slug at 500 FPE...lol
October 08, 2011 03:27AM
Nice work Julio! 500 fpe sure deals with things..
Regards
Neil
October 16, 2011 11:32AM
Great video, Julio!
October 19, 2011 03:42AM
Great video Julio! You know I love the exploding targets. Amazing that the slug still had enough energy to punch thru the back side of the five gal bucket. That plastic is think, not to mention the 10 inches of water moved.

Thanks for posting,

Kent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021