Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More pix from Tuesday's outing

More pix from Tuesday's outing
October 20, 2011 11:23AM
It was good to get out and shoot. The weather was absolutely beautiful on Tuesday, so I made the drive up to New Windsor. We ate lunch and got out to the range around 1 in the afternoon.

DSC_0001.jpg

The War Wagon continues to evolve. Here you can see the extended tarp on the trailer opening acting as a sunshade.

DSC_0003.jpg

Barnes Tundra 45 Magnum. That's a 6.5-20x Leupold on top. It's got mil-dots and a target turret -- just what I wanted for this platform.

DSC_0005.jpg

Gary checking some slugs. The jury's still out on exact slug sizing -- this is an "old school" Barnes 45 barrel that likes slugs that between .4515" to .454" (e.g., roundball). More testing needs to be done on sizes and even different types. We primarily tried Barnes Bishops, with excellent results.

DSC_0011.jpg

The view back to the War Wagon from 75 yards out. The farmer drove by in his tractor a few times and waved.

DSC_0015.jpg

One time he drove by, I was standing in the door pouring a cup of coffee. Gary's added fluorescent lighting, cabinets, and even a mini-workbench on the back. Who know what the farmer thought was going on out in that field? google eyes

DSC_0014.jpg

We packed up a little bit before dark to avoid losing our targets in the high clover. Thanks Gary for another great day of shooting!

-- Jim

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2011 11:26AM by admin.
Re: More pix from Tuesday's outing
October 20, 2011 02:19PM
Hi Jim,

You're welcome.

Next time, I'm gonna post the unflattering pictures of you too. Jim ........ the hair ... ......really?

In my defense ... I'd had the headphones on and off two dozen times. And ... yes ... I've completely gone to seed.

Was a good day (for an old guy)

Gary
October 20, 2011 02:32PM
Hang an OCCUPY NEW WINDSOR sign on the side of the trailer, up load a few pics to the web and the donations should start rolling in.knucklehead This is what Democracy looks like!

That setup is nicer than some of the porches I've seen added to the Katrina Cottages down here and we know it's hurricane proof.

Kent
October 21, 2011 12:25AM
"Why ... thank ya Kent". Green bowing

The thing just about sets itself up too.
October 20, 2011 04:26PM
Guys,

Whew! That is quite a setup.

Jim, you scooped another classic.

Lon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021