Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The week ....

The week ....
October 29, 2011 03:38AM
Worked quite a bit on the Stainless Steel Woodsman for Sean's ledger order. Made the valve body and trigger assembly block.

Worked on the retrofitted trigger block for the 58 Orion that will be the first to be shipped. Range testing of the roughly assembled 62 Orion revealed the need to redesign the trigger block and lever system. Also worked the Orion system to the Gen 3 specs and geometry of the trigger system I adopted as semi-standard a few years back.

Worked on some maintenance required here as Winter approaches. Repaired several trouble areas on the shop roof. It seems to have been successful.

Worked on some rather extensive patch/repairs required to trouble areas of the house roof. Nobody else is gonna do it. Contractors don't want to work on the roof system. Victorian home. Three floors. Origonal slate on much of it. Chimney flashing leaks on both of the chimney banks. I've fiddled for years with contractors. Several came and refused to even give an estimate. Yes - they WERE the ones who's signs I'd seen all over town for years. One came and did a small section for an outrageous figure - and didn't do much he contracted for. Left in a huff. As a young man, I altered the roof structure and installed access hatch and walk thru tunnel between sections. It helped. Guess I survived one more round. It's done for now. Don't worry, the neighbor lady repeatedly told me not to fall off. thumbs up Ropes, harness, catwalk sections. Pc. of cake. Funny note: Kelly told me to "move slow". I told her that was no problem anymore. hahaha.

Well, I don't know if that all sounds like a lot of work to you, but it did from this side of the screen. Yeah ... we'll see how much I have to pay for it in aches and pains. I tried not to overdo it. There is simply usually no other alternative to various needs that arise.

Supposed to snow here tomorrow. I can't express my absolute joy and happiness at that. dig it

Gary
Re: The week ....
October 29, 2011 12:01PM
Yes, I see the "Barnes Luck" is at work -- the forecast says a small pocket of the most intense weather is supposed to be centered over western Carroll County (no joke). Snowman I don't know how you do it.

Stay warm guys!

-- Jim
October 29, 2011 06:48PM
I hope this is not the harbinger of a winter like last year surprised

I have over 3 inches here already....and the weathermen said the worst would be after 7 PM !!!!!

Be safe everyone
October 29, 2011 08:58PM
OK, now we are at 7 inches!!! this is crazy

I think we are going to get a foot!

Gary, I hope things are better where you are more innocent

I'm sure Puerto Rico is pretty nice today........
October 29, 2011 09:12PM
Hi Joe,

You are right about that. wink

Julio
October 30, 2011 03:18AM
October 30, 2011 03:21AM
Hi Joebill,.

Was a really lousy weather day. Snowed all day - with periods of sleet. Very cold - big change. About 33 in the afternoon.

Was so perfect, in fact ... Jerry and I went shooting. Snowman Snowman (That's me on the left). ;?)

We'd talked about it earlier in the week. The weather people are seldom correct. Of course ... here on the dark side ... they were today.

We had a good day. Fought for it. I have pics.

Gary
October 30, 2011 04:14AM
Sounds like you had a bit of everything in your week Gary! Your house stuff reminds me of a guy I used to work with. You would say to him "Did you have a good weekend?" and he would respond "No, I own my own home..." sad smiley
Cheers
Neil
October 30, 2011 07:46AM
Wow...sounds cold down there. Snow already?!? Bummer.

It's a balmy 45 degrees up here, been raining for a month straight. Good thing it isn't cold enough to snow yet, or we'd have five feet on the ground already.
October 30, 2011 01:21PM
Glad you got something done Gary !

I got something done too......got up 6 AM, plowed snow off my driveway for 3rd time. We got a FOOT of snow !!!!!

Branches down everywhere, and a couple of trees as well...one of them right across my driveway surprised

So, fire up the chainsaw ( I did wait til 8AM for that !) and saw up enough to clear the driveway.

Now, it's in to the hospital to make rounds.

Winter Wonderland - Hah - and I usually LIKE snow
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021