Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Supposed to be ....

Supposed to be ....
October 21, 2011 12:58AM
Doing some engraving for a couple of projects. Got a kink in my shoulder that's being aggrivated by the colder weather, the rain, and the work I've been doing.

I'll get to it asap. It will all go better if I do it in a group of projects where I get warmed up to engraving and do a bit of it at a time.

Mixed bag today. Some cleaning and organizing as the last several projects have left the shop cluttered. Then some more estate business with a brief meeting this afternoon. Some house work. And the rest (Isn't that the way they worded the tune in Gilligan's Island).

Gary

Fall is here. Getting dark earlier. That delightful time of bringing things indoors. Fixing stuff. Good Grief ... they had Christmas Trees at Lowes tonight.
Re: Supposed to be ....
October 24, 2011 10:07AM
and adburys have chocolate easter eggs in the shops , yip ,, zmas is on its way.
October 24, 2011 08:48PM
Well, I got back to the engraving. Prepared the part. Have the design worked out. Don't just start with the chisel. ;?)

Did some mold and die work. Worked out just to the size. Prepared the machined cherry cutters. Heat treated same. Cut molds. Test cast. Size and weight is good. Slugs size correctly. Takes a lot of work to get it right. Will need to field test.

Trigger work went well. Always takes twice as long as I think it can. Usually you'll hit the day when the bandsaw blades will snap, the tool bit will catch and break, etc. Get into the tedious stuff and everything in the shop will take it's swipe at you.

Progress being made. Not showy stuff.

Can't harvest the crop every day. thumbs up

Cheers,
Gary
October 25, 2011 02:26AM
You left out the most important part! Did you use the magic sharpie or the magic pencil? more innocent
October 25, 2011 01:45PM
Sharpie. Thanks for asking. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021