Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Video Clips - Chameleon 50 at the Range with SHOT SHELLS

Video Clips - Chameleon 50 at the Range with SHOT SHELLS
September 14, 2011 10:23PM
This is a series of video clips edited together. I'm not as good as Cedric, but I think it will work. The order of clip relative to how it was shot at the range is not correct. I wanted to begin the movie with a view of the gun firing. You'll figure it out.

You can fill these shells with different size lead shot. I choose BBB size lead buckshot for this trip. Some small bird shot mixed in might be great. We'll see many other things tried in this gun. It's proven to be a winner ... thumbs up

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2011 08:47PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Video Clips - Chameleon 50 at the Range
September 14, 2011 10:58PM
very nice, thanks again. really enjoying these videos. poor easter bunny... can't you put fangs and claws on him? the kids would be terrified if they saw what you did.laughing again
steve
btw, what would be a good size rod for a 32? 7.something mm?
September 14, 2011 11:17PM
Hi Steve,

Probably 6mm ..... .244"

Gary
September 15, 2011 12:49AM
Hi Gary,

Thanks for showing the video. I do enjoy seeing an air rifle shooting shot shells. It’s impressive to see the power of this Chameleon projected to the targets. You did most of the shooting at 20 yards. Will the Chameleon shooting as a shotgun be effective at a further distance?

The rifle looked so compact and easy to handle. That’s a winner. Joe and his son will have a lot of fun shooting this rifle.

Julio
September 15, 2011 01:01AM
Hello Julio,

It's a "Cyclinder Bore" meaning straight walls in the barrel - no choke. So - the farther out, the greater the spread. I loaded about 30 some of these small buckshot. Now, if I'd load that weight of bird shot - the pattern would be more dense.

I'n not a shotgun expert. However; when you watch the hunting channels and they are shooting Turkeys ... they rarely take a shot overy 20-30 yards. I watched one last night where the guy was 7 paces from the bird!

To reach way out - you'd need a tight choke. Now - so happens this gun will accept any barrel that will screw in ... so, if you'd get real into shotgunning ... you could screw on a tight choked barrel. thumbs up As it is, the same barrel and same set up shoot the shot shells AND the slugs I proofed months ago and put on here.

Best,
Gary
September 15, 2011 02:41AM
Gary, Julio,

Given that I'm no expert, I have to rely on limited experience... That makes me think this gun is good to 30 yards with birdshot. Remember the Woodsman videos? Those were with bird shot (#6 or 7) and they plastered the target. Given the power and available load, I think 30 yards with birdshot will easily be fatal on turkeys or fanged bunnies!
September 15, 2011 03:25AM
Well - there you have it. Jerry is an expert on some of the finest weapon systems your tax money has purchased ... so; 30 yards it is!

thumbs up

Gary
September 15, 2011 04:37AM
Very good video GB. I really liked it. I was jumping everytime you shoot the wooden bunny so your camera work was effective...lol you rocked those bunnies real good.

I also loved the BOOM of your gun. Very clean sounding with no TWANG when you shot. GB, i think you know what your doing...lol.

Also, looks like i got some competition now with the video editingsurrender
September 15, 2011 02:53PM
Thanks Cedric,

Or ... as I call ya ... "Cecil B" ... bowing

My Nikon must take videos in Quicktime. The Windows Movie Maker will not recognize them. When I go to the files with them in it, they are not showing. I tried everything. Finally searched the help stuff and found it down not support Quicktime. Back in the old PC/Apple war days again.

Well, I had to use Adobe Premiere Elements Movie program. It's completely different, and I stumbled around a lot. I still have not found effects, etc. But - I did finally learn how to edit the clips crudely.

Half the time spent on this stuff is all the different systems you have to recall. You have to have a "stick to it" attitude, or nothing gets done.

Gary
September 15, 2011 05:39AM
Gary,

REAL air shotguns!skeet

Lon
Anonymous User
Re: Video Clips - Chameleon 50 at the Range with SHOT SHELLS
September 16, 2011 07:06AM
Looking good Gary, my palms are really sweating nowLOL!. Can't wait to send some #4 shot down range. I'm thinking a nice Leupold 1-4 with quick release mounts for slug shooting and a reflex sight for shotgunning. Squirrel season comes in late October. I always try to go atleast once or twice begore blackpowder season for deer. Usually during deer season I don't hunt squirrels simply because I don't like stalking around in the woods while a hunter could be sitting in any tree about to bust to kill a deer.
Great video, thanks for taking the time to show us.
September 16, 2011 05:07PM
Yeah GB, quick time sucks. I had a camera that recorded in Quick time and i DOWNLOADED A FREE video converter program that converted the video from QT to i think it was either a MPEG file or an AVI file. Can't remember which but, that's what i had to do.

GB, while the mics on our CASIO cameras are NOT great, the HD video quality is pretty clear and it records in AVI format and you won't have any problems loading those movies into most any video editing program. Just take the camera outside or inside and record a quick little movie and see how easy it loads into your editing software
September 16, 2011 05:46PM
Cedric! I forgot I had the thing!!!

Where is that ??? .... good Heavens .... it's at my elbow in the case!!! laughing

THAT is why I forgot about it ... it's where it should be.

Now ... if I could find some rifle cases!!. I have FOUR guns to take to the range .... and I have ONE case. Evidently I've used them for people to take stuff .... but I can't find MY aluminum case that Kelly gave me!! eye popping smiley I know I didn't give that to anybody!! I've searched the property .....

Gotta go.

GAry
September 16, 2011 07:11PM
Hi Gary
Looks like the shot-shells are going to be very effective in the Chameleon!
Do you get the same number of shots per fill with shot shells as with normal ammo?
Cheers
Neil
September 16, 2011 11:35PM
Dang if I know Neil.

You'll have to ask Joe. I'm shipping this puppy! take a bow

Gary
Anonymous User
September 17, 2011 02:51AM
What did I just read the S-WORD, my goodness I might need to sit downWeights, never mind I'm already sitting. smiling bouncing smiley
September 19, 2011 05:47PM
Oh Gary..........shame on you for forgetting about the Casiostunned

I really wish though they would have gotten the MIC right on that camera. Sound quality is just as important as video quality
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021