Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FoxPro Game Call Outing ...

FoxPro Game Call Outing ...
January 03, 2012 03:52AM
I bought a nice Fox Pro Electronic Game call today. Sort of a delayed Christmas gift. I've been wanting one for some time. I took it out to the range field this late afternoon to try it out.

a_geese2.jpg

Was a really cold Winter afternoon. The air had a few flakes of snow in it. Geese were flying over.

a_trailer.jpg

I was holed up in the darkened trailer. Hardly invisible ... but I also had the spin and quiver furry bunny wabbit decoy working out at 75 yards, along with the Fox Pro's calls wailing away,

I took a few video clips to see if I got anything good when verifying my 75 yard shots. And, I did. A neat looking effect when I stop the tape during the firing cycle. But ... the various programs have so far beaten me to isolate the pic and convert it to the right file format. Photoshop doesn't seem to want to import a .BMG file. I think I copy and export it thru Windows Gallery to a .jpeg ... but Photoshop still won't touch it. Maddening. You guys that don't bother posting, don't know what you are missing.

a_test_Foxpro.jpg

a_Orion62.jpg

I sat with my black ski mask on ... for camo AND to keep from freezing. I did have a propane heater - but the cold air coming in the back of the tailer over the gun was quite cold.

Just before I the sun set, and just before I froze to death ... I looked up ... and there!

a_wood.jpg

This pc. of log had come in @ 75 yards to check out the decoy!

I lined up and blasted the critter!!!

a_deadwood75.jpg

That is one DEAD pc. of wood ... let me tell you!

The Fox Pro and the Wabbit both seemed to work well. The remote worked great. The MUTE worked well. I'll improve and stick it with it. Hey - I am using my Orion 62! This one won't go in the closet ... I guarantee ya. grinning smiley

If I can figure how to isolate those other pics ... I'll add them later.

Green bowing

Gary

Oh ...

a_150yds.jpg

Here's that 150 yard group I was working on. The interrupted one. I didn't call it three .... but then the third one has to be that high left corner of the paper hit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 04:34AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: FoxPro Game Call Outing ...
January 03, 2012 04:07AM
Foxpro3_OrionFiring_edited-1.jpg

Well ... I actually got it done. Now ... if I remember how ... ;?)

This is the Orion firing it's 62 caliber 577 grain slug at 75 yards, to verify zero.

Pic stripped from the HD video I took of the action.

Gary

Hey ... I remembered ... even wrote it down! haaha.

Here's the Wabbit ... taken from a film clip too ....

a_WabbitDecoy.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 04:19AM by barnespneumatic.
Anonymous User
January 03, 2012 08:15PM
Your orion seems to be an awesome shooter, as well as yourself.
January 03, 2012 09:50PM
Thank you Don.

It's the result of a lot of thought, working thru the details, and proofing my work in the field. Often then; it means coming back and making improvements based upon what the field time showed. I've said it many times, but the "secret" to what I do is "attention span" ... I don't give up.

Thanks for commenting. I know you are waiting too. I wish I could get more finished, faster.

That is also why I always hope to see the finished work being enjoyed. For 38 years, I've been putting product out the door. There are tractor trailer loads of it out there. All made one part at a time for the next guy who said he'd use it and show it around. I'm glad some have done just that.
Green bowing

Gary
January 03, 2012 09:30PM
So...the Wabbit didn't exactly work as expected this time. OOooohhh, that wascally wabbit.!

Couldn't resist. grinning smiley Too many Bugs Bunny cartoons growing up, I suppose.
Anonymous User
January 04, 2012 01:52AM
Marvin the martian, and only on saturday,s at least that,s how it was for us.
Anonymous User
January 04, 2012 02:20AM
I can wait Gary,please do not rush. I will shoot and show result,s and WILL post them. Maybe Jerry can give me some tip,s on the Yukon.
January 04, 2012 02:19PM
Hold it firm into your shoulder and get a scope with a Lot of eye relief... or a holosight!
Anonymous User
January 06, 2012 02:26AM
Amazing result,s with a holo sight and no magnification. Sound,s like some good friendly competition. I see that you no longer shoot at 100 yard,s. must be too close. My father is very impressed, and that is hard for anyone when it come,s to shooting. Saotome Sensei think,s it is perfection. His word,s
January 08, 2012 02:39AM
Well, Gary, it seems only fair that you make yourself a gun that shoots so amazingly well (not to take anything away from the nut behind the butt of course). You are going to have some fun with that gun for sure....
And you game-calling skills...calling in that unfortunate log of wood....superb!
Regards
Neil
January 08, 2012 03:10AM
Hi Neil,
Thanks much. I appreciate the well wish. I am enjoying having one very much!
Regarding the log varmint ... The amazing thing was that i used a "distressed maple" call ... And this OAK LOG RESPONDED!!! laughing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021