Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MOVIE TIME!!! 5 Barnes' at the Range IMPROVED VERSION NOW

MOVIE TIME!!! 5 Barnes' at the Range IMPROVED VERSION NOW
September 17, 2011 08:46PM
Hope you enjoy. Took a while to edit - apologies to Cedric ... take a bow .... hahahah

I added some more stuff, and captions. Deleted the orig. movie, and have added the improved version here.

TIP: Put your cursor on the PAUSE icon at the left of the movie player (that's the symbol that looks like II ). Then, as soon as a text overlay comes on, click it to pause. You can then absorb the text, and look at the pic, without missing everything.

Enjoy,

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2011 01:39AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: MOVIE TIME!!! 5 Barnes' at the Range
September 17, 2011 08:47PM
First reply!

Excellent video Gary! Looks like you got all those guns sighted in just fine. Joe has to be just about dancing now seeing that last trick.

Ced, Gary is catching up quick, time to step up your game again! I think you need to do some air shotgun videos. laughing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2011 08:54PM by Jerry.
September 17, 2011 09:11PM
Thanks Jerry,

I think I had a couple more clips edited that I didn't get into the timeline. Oh well. That took hours. Enough.

Everybody ... note the "Hydroshock" that develops from the slug energizing the water. Try to tear a poly milk jug apart, and realize the shock required to do that. Now, if you slow the clips, you will note that the slug is long gone when the pressure wave builds and blows up the jug. If you never thought about it, you might think that this all happens as the tip of the slug pushes thru the water. As if you were pushing water in the pool, with your palm. BUT ... not so. You watch this slowly, and you see the streak of the slug leaving, and the jug has had almost no reaction at all. It imparts that energy and leaves. I find that interesting.

Note too, the 32 Mag tore that jug up just as well as the big guns. There's an energy threshold required. The rest can do no more on the jug.

This spray from the shotgun, was supposed to be in the movie as a stop action. Don't think it made it. Chameleon Spray.jpg

Interesting thing about the shotgun was that the .190" balls went "Clear Thru!" Amazing. And, I counted 14 of the ball from that shell that hit and went thru a gallon of water AND the poly skins. Now THAT is some energy too. I believe that water with that poly jug skin ... certainly offers as much resistance as some old Fox, for example. Wish I'd have had that one ready for the Fox. It was farther down the pile.

Gary
Anonymous User
September 17, 2011 10:28PM
Sweet Gary, the other rifles did good too, hehehehewow.
Definitely good fox medicine there, coyote too. A big ole gobbler would have been flopping in the dust as well. Deer to dove, to say I am excited is an understatement.
Yes Jerry I'm in my office dancing nowwhat was that
Re: MOVIE TIME!!! 5 Barnes' at the Range IMPROVED VERSION NOW
September 18, 2011 01:33AM
Gary,

Nice video! I really enjoy watching it. thumbs up How many times in your airgunsmithing career have you brought four different Barnes’s rifles for testing?

I’m glad that you recorded this session and everything seemed to be working perfectly. I’ll bet that there must be some persons expecting some packages to arrive.hourglass

Julio fish
September 18, 2011 02:02AM
Hello Julio,

Yes - that's a first. There were actually 5 guns there, I shot the ball gun only at the Fox ... ran out of time.

Yes ... crates will be shipped! yeah.

BTW .... I just processed this pic. Might not be much help - since the rez. is just not there (taken off the movie) ... but here's the slug exiting the jug in a plume of spray (just a hint starting to escape the cap) ... so, as I keep being intrigued by ... the slug is gone before the jug explodes.

You can see it in the movie (Tundra section) if you stop the clip.

SlugGone1.jpg

Gary

Why do the guys that only film eggs breaking get all the great high speed, high resolution cameras ... hahaah.
September 18, 2011 04:30PM
The slug is gone and the jug is just starting to get fat. We definitely need some high-speed on this. Do they have the 10,000 frames per second cameras down at the local rent-a-center?
September 18, 2011 05:49PM
Hi Jerry,

Soddcutters, posthole diggers, HS Cameras ... wow Great Idea!!!

Gary
September 18, 2011 04:14PM
Gary,

Nice video. Thanks for the entertainment.

You are wringing more out of the .32 these days.Weights

I agree, very interesting observation about the energy transferred to the inside the milk jug.

Lon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2011 04:24PM by Bigbore.
September 18, 2011 05:53PM
Hi Lon,

yeah - old dogs can learn ... ;?)

I've always been fascinated by the energy transfer thingie. I remember the small sections of wooden 2 by 4 blocks. You can flick them aside with a feather. However; they will sit there, and take a paper punched hole, from a 45, before they move. And, IIRC, they will do that with 200 fpe.

WE get caught in the escallation wars, and forget what energy we have access to.

Gary
September 19, 2011 03:26AM
That was fun Gary!sunny That's quite a family reunion there, 5 guns that are all in excellent shooting form. Boy, nothing better than seeing the steel get tossed around and the jugs explode. Julio wants to know where's the fruit?

Great job on the captions and editing. Thanks for sharing.

Kent
September 19, 2011 05:39PM
Another great BARNES PRODUCTION video. Very good GB, i enjoyed that. As you can see, editing is fun but, IT IS TIME CONSUMING...lol. And it can get very intricate when you use more editing features in the program. Great job. The one thing about you that really impresses me is how you can do all that you do and still stay involved with the forum posting and video editing and all the artsy fartsy (you like that one?) stuff you do. And you still get the guns out...WOW!

All those guns were simply beautiful in the end of the video (group photo)....wow.

That shotgun is really cool to watch shoot. I'm starting to like air shotguns more and more. Wish i now had a spare smoothbore barrel for my Haley........HMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
September 19, 2011 11:12PM
Well Cedric,

That's what I'm here for. To inspire you to customize your Haley. why me

Yes, it takes a bunch of effort to do anything.

I've been involved in wrapping up a few projects recently. It's endless all the things that you have to do. For instance ... the guns get done, and ... they have to be shipped. Well ... you can't just stick a stamp on it. It's a complete pain and takes soooooo much time. If I make a crate, I have to have the boards, plywood, and dense foam. One of those materials is always out of stock. I have to take the truck and go get it. Who wants to pay me for two hours of going to the store and gas? Then, measure and fabricate the crate ... and construct a case of the foam. Hours just fly by. Thing is ... the gun is done. I should be working on another one. But ... I'm bandsawing foam and making crates. You can't charge what it's worth. You have to protect the gun, but the crate isn't a work of art. Maybe it will be worth as much as the gun when I'm gone ... like the stupid cardboard boxes the collectors fight over at gun shows. But ... all the stuff you have to go thru to get a gun shipped is mind bending.

If I feel up to it, I'll post some pics of this stage of the game later. I took some today.

Gary
September 20, 2011 07:52AM
Enjoyed the movie. Would like to meet the cast!
Regards
Neil
September 20, 2011 11:10PM
Caefull, castmembers are often shot at!
September 21, 2011 01:53AM
Hey Jerry,

We've been needing someone to turn the camera on and off! Another idea! I think we're ready for an "Intern". hahahah. Neil just might do! one-eyed

Gary
September 21, 2011 05:51PM
Hey Jerry,

We realize that everything YOU guys cast gets shot, but that doesn't necessarily apply to everyone. grinning smiley
September 25, 2011 03:25AM
I'm on for it...now, where are my kevlar undies...Weights
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021