Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous User
First pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 23, 2011 09:09PM
I don't know why my pics show as an X when i paste them directly off photobucket, Jim help me out here. You can still see them just click on the X and they will appear
Hey everybody,
Finally got the two longest days at work I've done in a while completed so I finally opened the crate that has been calling my name loudly and repeatedly for the last 48 hours or so. Took a few pics although my photography skills are low I believe you can see how it arrived.
Hey Gary I also slipped a pic or two of some racks that were taken right here around the house in past. Just to warm you up a bit and remind you that hunting season is just around the corner.

Gary really knows how to pack a rifle!!! The crate it arrived in was in perfect condition. I didn't count the screws holding the top down but I did notice that every one was evenly spaced with it's twin on the opposite side. The precision you get from Gary is definitely something he was born with!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my baby, finally opened for the world to see safely snuggled in its foam bed. She's laying there just begging to go hunting, hehehe

When you buy a Barnes you get a complete shooting package. Just some of the components that came with this rifle are shown here. The comlete package consisted of the rifle, a custom double cavity mold, with handles, bullet sizer, shotshell roller, and a bag of bullets complete with shotshells. A nice detail note on the rifle including fill pressure and tips on using your Barnes product.

Here she is, out of the box, this is a good size rifle but the balance is very nice. The stock and ergonomics are perfect. I can tell this rifle is going to be great off hand shooter. Which is perfect for Wiley and me. I shoot very little benched, about 98% of my shooting is done with a shooting stick or freehand.

Finally three pics of deer racks that were taken here on the place. The first is nice 9 pointer, second pic is a wide 8pt, and the last pic is a 15pt. non-typical. Hopefully we can add to Gary's wall if he makes it down.
More to come fellows, it's been raining cats and dogs here but I believe the worst is over. As usual Murphy's law showed his ugly head and my scope that was ordered the first of this week has not arrived yet. Don't worry though I have plenty of scopes and something is going on this baby tonight for some sighting in tomorrow if the weather breaks.
Great shooting system Gary, it just doesn't get any better than this in the airgun world.
Re: First pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 23, 2011 10:53PM
I hope to be opening a package too.... eventually. contrats on your acquisition and please .... more pics
steve
September 23, 2011 11:06PM
Hi Joe,

If you are feeling happy now, wait till you shoot it. I hope that you enjoy your time with the Chameleon and please keep us posted.

Julio
September 24, 2011 12:45AM
Fine Barnes you have there Joe.thumbs up It's my belief that Gary was born with the tenacity to perfect the skills for the precision. Having required the precision for so long in his work, I now don't believe he can do anything in an imprecise manner. As a matter of fact, I don't think he can standby as someone else does sloppy work. We Barnes owners are beneficiaries of his precision.bowing

I bet your hunts this year will seem twice as fun shooting such a fine rifle.

Kent
Anonymous User
September 24, 2011 01:13AM
Thanks guys, your right Kent we definitely benifit from his experience and abilities. Hunts this year are going to be exciting to say the least.
I've got the scope mounted and ready for tomorrow, I know it's going to be a good day. Here is another pic of the rifle with the scope mounted ready for tomorrow. Think I have figured it out.

Photobucket
September 25, 2011 04:50AM
Your new gun looks nice Joe, looking forward to seeing it in action. Danny.
September 24, 2011 01:57AM
Verrry nice! Why are you waiting? Don't you have big lights? laughing
September 25, 2011 01:25PM
You need a pc of plywood with some antlers sawn into it out there! hhahaha

Gary
September 24, 2011 03:21AM
Hi Joe,

Great post. Like your house too. All the pics look real comfortable with nice tones and textures.

Those are some great racks. Save me one. hahah. A single point on one side would beat the Barnes record. However; I'd much prefer nailing up one of those like you show there. rudolph

I see you found some glass and mounts. That looks fine on there. Good scale. Bet it works.

Hi Kent. Hey - I've never been called Obsessive Compulsive in a nicer manner! hahaha. Yeah ... ya got me.

Thank you. I appreciate the fact that you notice the efforts.

Gary
September 24, 2011 05:03AM
Joe,

Bet you'll have a lot of fun with that. shooter

We'll be waiting and watching.

Lon
September 25, 2011 03:07AM
Looking good Joe! Can't wait to see it in action...excited
Cheers
Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021