Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sunday 12th of Never ... I mean ... August.

Sunday 12th of Never ... I mean ... August.
August 12, 2012 03:58PM
Loading the trailer. Boy, the boxes are heavy, but not bulky. Don't think I'll ever get this thing filled up! Haha. I need some big inflatable furniture to fill the rest! winking smiley

We find we are anxious to get back home to Florida. That's a good realization.

Feeling good today. Thks.

Gary
Re: Sunday 12th of Never ... I mean ... August.
August 12, 2012 09:39PM
it's nice to have a destination your excited about.... makes a move that much easier.
Steve
Oh.... sent you a PM
August 13, 2012 03:40AM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The trailer around dusk. Getting filled now. More stuff packed and awaiting loading.

Another area of the shop laid waste. The Grinding and finishing room.

Another interesting memory found. I did a series of these. Many went to Japan. Reverse carved three D dragons in clear acrylic. These scaled were then overlaid atop anodized titanium side plates on custom folding knives.

Another view with color behind it. The surface is glass smooth to the touch. All carving work is done in reverse from the back. Meaning - not just that it's worked on the back, but the deepest carving views on the front as the highest point. It's reversed. You have to think backwards and sence the depth by instinct as you can't see the front while carving the back!

Gary
August 13, 2012 03:44AM
We are watching. Didn't come Sat. We'll check tomorrow. Gary
August 13, 2012 01:44PM
Pretty neat technique on the knife scales. I'll bet that took some time to develop, what with the Leonardo DaVinci mirror-reverse writing effect and all. Probably a good thing that you didn't have to spell out your full name in cursive. grinning smiley
August 14, 2012 02:09AM
Love those dragon scales !!!!!
August 15, 2012 08:38PM
Cool Dragon carving! I hope you found a pair of them. Aw heck, it would be even more interesting to see a knife with asymetric look. Glad you are excited about the return.

Kent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021