Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wednesday August 29th

Wednesday August 29th
August 30, 2012 02:50AM
We were among the blessed regarding the storm. It literally
Missed us totally. All we got was a mild pleasant breeze. We didn't get enough rain to make a newspaper wet. In fact, we've had to continue watering a couple of flowering shrubs Kelly planted, lest they wilt.
It was expensive to prepare, but we can hardly complain about that. We were lucky.
I'll now be able to begin sorting items into the appropriate building. Make means of placing, hanging, storing those items. Two full trailers to unload first and then the reshuffle starts. Items were loaded on the basis of what was accessible. It's been offloaded on the basis of available space. At this time, most things are in the wrong place. Yes, it's stressful. But we will continue with the master plan.
Thank you to those who have kept in touch and asked about things. It's been good to be remembered. I wouldn't wish this process on anyone. Can't wait for it to begin coming to life. So far; it's been like clearing the land and pulling stumps. Then plowing and picking up rocks. Now it's time to start planting the crop. It will be nice to see some green shoots.
Gary
Re: Wednesday August 29th
August 30, 2012 03:00AM
Hi Gary,
Glad to hear that Isaac didn't do any damage to your area.
Looking forward to seeing your new setup once you have things sorted out. Thankfully with all the driving, lifting, etc you did, it doesn't sound as if anyone was injured. smiling smiley

Wishing you continued health & blessing.

Pedro
August 30, 2012 04:28AM
Hello Pedro,
Nobody injured. A blessing. Just strains and aches which have been manageable. It's been a learning process to know what we need. To know how to maintain. To judge what I can do and what makes more sence to contract out. The principles are familiar; but the details are quite different. So; I've made my best choices, and amend as required.
Thank you for your blessing
Gary
August 30, 2012 05:06AM
Gary,

I had accordion shutters put up on every window at considerable expense and I hope I never need them. scared

Glad it missed you. I looked at the Doppler radar and it looked like you were going to get soaked!

Lon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2012 05:08AM by Bigbore.
August 30, 2012 04:10PM
Until last night ... we'd hardly gotten a cup full. Then, beginning during the night, we got bands of heavy rain. This morning, it's been raining hard in bands. We've had heavy water running off on slopes. Pause now. Supposed to rain all day and tonight. Not dangerous. Sorry for all those that really got nailed.

Gary
August 30, 2012 11:44AM
Moving is stressfull but you will soon forget all about it. So Farmer Gary..... what are you planting? Please post some pix when you have a chance.
August 30, 2012 04:12PM
Hello Steve,

I'll have to get you a list. I forget - if I ever knew. Most I cannot pronounce. hahah.

Gary
August 30, 2012 05:10PM
Gary,

I’m glad to know that Isaac missed you. I hope the best for those who didn’t shared the same luck.

In my opinion, everything came to live at the very moment that you decided to buy the FL property and to move from MD. Nobody said that it was going to be easy, but at the end every ounce of effort will be rewarded to you in blessings.

I can tell the difference when I see your pictures at FL and compare them with your earlier pictures at MD. At FL you look fresh and relieved. Follow your plan and more sooner than later everything will be settled.

Good luck,

Julio
August 30, 2012 06:28PM
Thank you Julio,
I'll keep at it. Presently, it's abut like being in a boat in the middle of the ocean. You sail hard all day, and the horizon looms the same. I'll be glad to see shore approaching. Now I have the places to put things. Another chapter to start.
Thank you for your encouragement! winking smiley
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2012 06:29PM by barnespneumatic.
Anonymous User
August 30, 2012 10:46PM
Soon you will be behind the mill making chip's fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 31, 2012 04:10AM
I look forward to that. I miss it.

We scouted out a range backer area today. Some of the extreme depths of the property. Nice safe/remote area for a splash plate.

Gary
September 01, 2012 02:46PM
Gary, how far will you be able to shoot at your private range?
September 02, 2012 05:45AM
Hello Julio.
It will depend upon how much noise the terrain will tolerate. If the locations work, then 150 yards
Gary
Anonymous User
August 30, 2012 10:57PM
That storm hammered the same state again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021