Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Michigan sky before the storm

Michigan sky before the storm
October 30, 2012 10:04PM
here are a couple of pictures taken my living room window .these pictures were taken about 10 minutes apart.it always amazes me how something so beautiful can happen when something so terrible is going on .I heard that the Lake Michigan head 50 foot waves and in the 50 years I've lived here I have never heard or seen anything of that nature .we sure were lucky here though all we had were high winds .and of course the occasional rain and snow always get people ready for the season
10-29-12, Sunset, Miller Road 003.JPG
10-29-12, Sunset, Miller Road 001.JPG
Re: Michigan sky before the storm
October 30, 2012 10:09PM
Pretty. What part of MI is that.?
October 30, 2012 10:16PM
in Saginaw Michigan .that is overlooking the farm field to the west and Saginaw is close to the bay if you're not familiar with it probably about 20 miles from Lake Huron on the sunrise side of the state
October 30, 2012 10:26PM
Yup, been by it a few times on my way to Traverse City. You guys get some Great Sky's up there.!
Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
October 31, 2012 12:16AM
Beautiful sky Kurt!

Better get a few of those pics framed.

Thanks for posting!

Gary
October 31, 2012 12:55PM
Hey Kurt - what's with those pines with branches at the bottom? Ours here are all 60 feet without any limbs - and then a tuft at the top. hahah.

Funny - people down here look at pines as weeds. They have near reverance for any old scabby oak no matter how small or damaged. Kelly and I enjoy the pines and nobody can understand why. hahah. Different cultural characteristics. ;?)

Funny - the oaks are like nothing up north. These have tiny spear shaped leaves and a tangle of nasty branches that jut straight out from the limbs. Twigs jut straight out from the branches. The effect is a living geometric version of velcro. It's nearly impossible to seperate two branches which have touched one another. And then, there are the VINES FROM HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. excited Some start as big as a broomstick and go for miles up, down, over, around, thru .... Then there are the briar vines on the ground that are attached at both ends. Razor wire has nothing on them. Wear high top boots! hahah. But - I digress ........

Anyway ... again ... very pretty pics you posted.

Gary
October 31, 2012 08:14PM
That is some gorgeous sky in those shots, nice photos! take a bow
October 31, 2012 09:39PM
yeah I've always love the look and smell of pine trees the tree on the left is an Austrian pine and the 1 on the right is this spruce that I planted many years ago are so many different variations and there's nothing quite like walking through the woods with a Pine Grove smell .they are also very useful trees you can make tea out of them and the tree sap have quite a few uses also. only thing I don't like them the pine cones are hard on the mower deck !

Thanks
Kurt
November 02, 2012 07:16PM
Lake Michigan is one huge body of water. I've flown over it a time or two when traversing the midwest, and have alway been happy to have two or more engines on the plane when doing so. : )

Enjoy the fall, it'll be snow and ice soon enough.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021