Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bunches of Pics 2 .... More from our visit with friends

Bunches of Pics 2 .... More from our visit with friends
November 04, 2012 02:54AM
Chance_Bryce.jpg

Starting out with Chance and Bryce. Our twin grandsons. They seem to love the new place. We have them here often, as their Mom has been helping with family needs in Alaska. Lots of great things here for them to do. Nana keeps them busy and they warm our heart. ;?)

Upper_Shop_Porch.jpg

We whipped the upper shop's porch area into shape before the visit. It's such a wonderful place, I didn't have the heart to enclose it - though the space was very tempting. Left this way, and in conjunction with the small galley kitchen in the shop (with bathroom) .... this has become a great family place.

Julio_Yanira.jpg

Julio and his wife Yanira. Great visit with very good friends. You are welcome any time my friend.

Julio_Orion.jpg

We didn't shoot this beast of a gun yet. But Julio wanted to see the Yukon Orion I kept, and experience it's light weight 1" format. It was a breakthrough in technology for me to produce a gun this powerful in a one inch tube format. It still gets 3 shots per fill, and shoots over 600 fpe. The specs. slip my mind, but are available here in the search engine. Julio was surprised that such a long, powerful gun was so light to hold. The fact that I favor Mahogany for stocks also helps the overall package.

Kent.jpg

Kent shooting the Hoss 45. We all really enjoyed this gun. Aside from having a certain "Pirate" feeling about it ... it holds well, shoots at about 220 fpe in an air pistol, and is extremely accurate.

And, I forgot to mention it to Kent ... but it looks as if the Doc has lost a bunch of weight! Good show. All that Kayak building and rowing no doubt! thumbs up

2@40wHoss.jpg

I placed these two shots on one of my switch blade target paddles. Two back to back shots - hand held pistol - approx 40 yards.

Boiled_Splat.jpg

And those round ball hit so hard they just exploded into flakes. Here's a center of one of the splats. You can see how "boiled" the lead surface is. Shows the energy that is imparted and then frozen as the lead flows across the steel target.

Great visit. So glad Kent brought some toys along.

I will build a shooting shed position which will place the line of fire in a better location then orig. thought. And the facility will also muffle the big guns as much as possible. Our neighbors are quite gun friendly, but I have no desire to be rude.

Thanks for reading!

Gary
Re: Bunches of Pics 2 .... More from our visit with friends
November 05, 2012 11:48PM
Nice porch, I'm jealous.

Those red-dot sights are just the ticket for "old-guy" eyes, aren't they? (takes one to know one)
November 06, 2012 12:02AM
Yes. I found it to be a great match for the pistol. And it is possible to shoot very accurate. I recall Jerry's Yukon fitted with red dot, was very accurate. In fact, I think he posted some great groups with it.

What unit is that Kent?

Gary
November 08, 2012 09:16PM
Nice to see the switch blade back in action. I was examining the picture to see if that was the paddle I bent with the Yukon...
November 09, 2012 05:31AM
Yes - that's the one. Mere 3/8" plate steel is no match for a BB gun at 100 yards or so. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021