Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where no man has gone before ....

Where no man has gone before ....
November 30, 2012 09:04PM
I picked my shooting lane to take advantage of the fall of the land. And the stream and wet thorny area at the extreme back edge of my property. Everything was thick and nearly impassable down there. You saw the saber tooth thorns!

It seemed like a true "where no man has gone before" area! Except for the guy that put up the tree stand on the other side of the stream, about 50-60 yards behind my proposed backer site. eye rolling smiley.

Everything is green and lush down there. You can't see far at all. We have gone thru and around the area earlier. I figured I was pointing downhill, backed by a briar patch area, with a stream at the lowest point. I had always planned to give up about thirty yards of possible range distance - just to give more brush/thicket area as a no man's land. Beyond that was a rising hillside on the next property, with no developed area, crops, pasture, etc. I was looking around again, planning my berm/backer to be as very safe as possible. Planning to give up another 15 yards and just call it an even 100 yards. That would give me approx. 40-45 yards of no man's land before the stream. However; some trees and vines down there, are apparently not evergreen. Just enough has fallen now; to give me a glimpse thru the jungle, of the metal ladder and platform. Yep. I mean laser straight behind my lane, over on the next property's hillside. Good Grief ... Even sadder

Pic posted immediately below ... I first posted the incorrect pic.

Please note the green flags going off into the impenetratable darkness. This marks the blazed path of my new shooting lane. Threaded between big trees. The lane will be cut, and chipped. Kelly and I layed it out yesterday. Blaze green ribbons hung from branches in line. Adjust. Try to see two of three in a row thru the brush. Adjust. Sight the shooting window. Sight the new proposed backer area. Adjust. Finally get a straight line of probably 25 blaze green ribbons marching off thru the brush. As far to the right of the other lane as possible. It will also put a bit more of my property behind the backer. I'll add a bigger berm wall. And, I had always planned to mark the sides and back of the range.

USA!  USA!

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2012 01:58AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Where no man has gone before ....
December 01, 2012 01:15AM
So .... None of the first ten readers told me I put the wrong picture up.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Here are the green flags and new direction for the second shooting lane.

Gary
December 01, 2012 01:23AM
Gary, glad you spotted that sorry about the extra work.
December 01, 2012 03:23AM
Hi Larry,

Yeah - it's behind the thicket and uphill - but ... it's there. knucklehead

I'll make it better then the orig. plan. thumbs up

Gary
December 03, 2012 07:07AM
What, treestands don't count as steel targets?more innocent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021