Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Christmas Pictures - Gifts, Etc.

Christmas Pictures - Gifts, Etc.
December 27, 2012 03:41AM
Some pics from the Christmas Workshop, Christmas Eve, and Day

carts.jpg

Kelly and I worked on this set of kid proof carts for our Twin Grandsons - "Bryce and Chance". They have had such fun moving around all the sand on the property, riding the old Tonka trucks, pushing each other on toys ... we decided they could enjoy some really sturdy carts. They can loade them up. Dump the contents via the rear gate. They can ride in them while being pushed. They can coast downhill! They can mow each other down and crash into the log path borders!!! excited hahahah. They will have a ball. And - we made them sturdy enough they might be around for "their kids" too!

cart3.jpg

We labeled them with our famous brand Logo! haha

cart4.jpg

They proceeded to keep them busy Christmas Day. And, Adults were seen smiling and pushing them around the circuit of our Son's house. hahah.

ornaments.jpg

Kelly had a craft session with the kids to make Christmas ornaments. thumbs up

frame.jpg

I made some picture frames from the Yupon! Hey - we have to find some way to get rid of the stuff! hahahah. And, they made great frames for Kelly's fine photography and print service. She's great with kids and has a good eye thru the camera.

pneumatic_moose.jpg

My daughters provided me with this most excellent "Pneumatic Moose Mount" which arrived in the mail. I opened and inflated it on Christmas Eve. They are good kids - if just a bit ... misguided. hahaha. They and everybody else tells me that "You are soooo hard to buy anything for!" Part of the curse of the artist's life. haha.

Materials_Kit.jpg

I stumbled across this "Kit" of materials for one of the gifts I gave Kelly.

table.jpg

After following the instructions carefully - it turned out to be a small table.

table2.jpg

It has yet to be determined if it is a plant table or a coffee table. The eventual final level of finish will be determined by it's intended use.

Hope you had a great Christmas. I'm back at the grind moving stuff around. Working on a knot of issues that seem all related. I hope it will be like a kid's sneaker lace - once you fish out that one loop from the knot - it all comes loose.

Thanks for reading.

take a bow

GAry
Re: Christmas Pictures - Gifts, Etc.
December 27, 2012 03:32PM
Hi Gary,

Merry Christmas to you. It's so nice to watch the kids enjoying their presents and the magic of the Season. After reading this post, I have to assume that everything is well for you and Kelly. Good for you!!! You both deserve it!!!

Best,

Julio
December 27, 2012 04:31PM
Gary,

I can see it now; you on the porch with iced tea challenging the kids to see who can dump the most sand on Grandpa's drainage berm.dig it

Cool stuff.

Merry Christmas,

Lon
December 27, 2012 05:22PM
Looks like a good time was had for all. I lust wonder how you find time to do all those projects you do but then i keep forgeting you moved to FLORDIA like most retired or semi retired people. hehehahahohohoh. That reminds me of a funny bumper sticker i saw ,,,, Yesterday i was tired and today i am retired .

Thanks
Kurt
December 27, 2012 07:22PM
Some great projects there, and it looks like the carts are going to see some pretty heavy use. smiling smiley

Those table logs must have been fun to bisect...band saw?
December 28, 2012 05:03AM
Hi Sean,

Table saw. I'd tell you my system - but I don't want anybody getting hurt trying it. I don't take any risks. Tip - you can't run a full length thru.

Gary
December 28, 2012 05:06AM
The other thing that happens around Christmas - and I'm sure I mostly put this on myself. However; for the last 50 years, or so; people have watched me "make stuff". At Christmas ... it seems I should hang a few handmade things on the family tree. Pipe smoker
December 28, 2012 04:28AM
Hi Kurt,

Yeah - I'm "re-Tired" the end of every day. haha.

As for the "how do I get it done" issue ... I just move around always keeping some tool handles warm. If you let them get cold - they forget how to work. winking smiley

I can do just about soooo much head banging knucklehead and then I move to something else while the brain's "back room" sorts out whatever was making trouble. I get back to that part just as soon as I have some clarity.

As you know (since you work in shops) there are an amazing number and variety of tools required to do each "simple" step of a project. They have to be where they can be safely stored, easily retrieved, and returned - without a bunch of wasted steps. The shelves, cabinets, bins, containers, electric outlets, lights, climate control - all has to be in place to work on complex projects. I'm getting there.

Thanks Kurt,
Gary
Anonymous User
December 27, 2012 08:45PM
Those are sharp looking young men. You said you wanted a new name for your new rifle. YUPON GS????
December 28, 2012 05:00AM
There ya go Don! Good one. hahaa. thumbs up

GAry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021