Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pictures!!! 3-14-13

Pictures!!! 3-14-13
March 15, 2013 04:55AM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Who could forget the trip to BPS this time!

There has been organization in order to absorb this trailer of goods.

We've nearly emptied this trailer full. Our grandsons have visited. We took them to see the baby chicks and ducks at TSC! A farm supply store that sells the critters.
One of our Sons calls this the "Getto Zoo" ... This and shops like PetCo and such. Haha. They loved it. Kelly wanted a duckling. winking smiley

We've done a bunch of electrical wiring.

I've utilized a transmission I tossed together round about 1976; to run this 12" Craftsman wood bandsaw for either cutting wood (as intended), or metal as Gary needed. I figured it deserved a place at BPS to continue service. No point tossing a good man cause he has a few years on him! winking smiley

It's an active, busy shop. Nearly open for business.

Thanks for reading. Your conversation is always enjoyed.

Gary
Re: Pictures!!! 3-14-13
March 15, 2013 05:08AM
Ah ... The MicroSpine pic. We stumbled upon a state of the art looking complex (noted from the highway and right off route 10 here on the edge of town! We could hardly believe it. The marque advertised non invasive techniques.

It was a Sunday as I recall. We found the entrance to the complex and came to a locked gate. I suspected something odd when I noted grass growing in cracks in the blacktop parking (where there should be traffic to prevent such). The place looked state of the art yet abandoned. I went on line. Right below a site showing the founders and explaining laser surgery as their specialty ... I noted another Google entry. A guy explaining how he was badly damaged at this place, and warning off clients. Clearly there is a story there. Imagine finding a Spine center in our backyard and it being shuttered up.

Shows you though ... Someone felt our little place in the panhandle seemedike a good spot to establish such a surgery center. Amazing.

Oh ... Right down 331 from here, is Panama City. You should have SEEN the traffic. We must have watched 60 cars come off if route 10 in a solid string, last Sunday; as we waited to get out of this surgery complex access road. All full of at least 5 kids. WHAT could go wrong? Haha.

Gary
March 15, 2013 06:05AM
Gary,

No doubt you are aware it's college spring break. Your town should see 500k young rambunctious students for a week or so. why me

Lon
March 15, 2013 10:46PM
I see that all horizontal space has been filled...as I predicted! more innocent
March 15, 2013 11:51PM
Well Jerry ...

I have to put the stuff on the horizontal spaces ... or they fall on the floor!! laughing

Gary
March 20, 2013 03:49AM
Moving this up.

More unloading of trailer today (yes it does take time when it's just Kelly and I). And more stuff put away - temp. Bit of a log jam again to be sorted. Gets to looking decent until the next trailer arrives and explodes across all the shop areas. Hard to have a place prepared for everything taken from a box.

Getting ready for the trip back to BPN again.

Gary
Anonymous User
March 20, 2013 03:10PM
Kelly is a great inspiration to all of us involved. Tell her we all said, thank you for her help.
March 20, 2013 09:12PM
Thank you Don,

She has been wonderful in all this. Just putting up with me running in circles whailing "this will never end" is stress enough. The occasional whack with a frying pan as I flail by brings me back to the moment.

Hey - she actually did have to get some new pots and pans. Broke the handles off the old ones ... whistling

GAry
March 22, 2013 02:57AM

Empty once again. The last several heavy items were finished today.

Picture shows front false wall. There is another 6' beyond. Two compartment configuration worked better to isolate and secure machine tools.

Put away more things. I've run out of details. I realize it seems like I moved the GM plant. You'd just have had to be here. It's hard for even myself to imagine the thousands of small items, tools, jigs, supplies; which make it even possible for me to make the things I've shown you. I just can't do it with half of them, or 80% of them. They ALL have to be workable to run the process.

Another trailer full down

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021