Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gary's Pick thumbs up ... Answering Kurt's Question

Gary's Pick thumbs up ... Answering Kurt's Question
March 26, 2013 09:58PM
vtwin (2).jpeg

This rifle went by the shop title of "V-Twin". The reason for the name never was realized - as I never made the gun in the format that suggested the name to me! It's in the files though.

I later properly named this design as the "Squire". But by then, we'd moved on.

(Forgive the small format pics - I stole them off a flash drive and do not know what they were prepared for orig.).

vtwin3.jpeg

The Squire is a "fire thru bolt" breech gun. It's a very quickly loaded Round ball gun.

vtwin5.jpeg

It has Classic lines with just enough busy work, and in just the correct combination, to suggest the 19th century.

It is light and fast to point.

bird.jpeg

Shady Character threatens ...

bird2.jpeg

No problem. The gun just pointed true and fired.

1680.jpeg

It was a low pressure PCP. One of the series of development that produced more power from nothing then people thought it should.

5@50by4Xball.jpeg

And, yet it was accurate and hit hard.

back@50.jpeg

It would still "paper punch" 2 by building grade plank at 50 yards.

One of my favorites. What happened to the design? Why didn't I make a bunch of them?

I'll follow up ...

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2013 01:58AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Gary's Pick thumbs up ... Answering Kurt's Question
March 27, 2013 04:49AM
" What happened to the design? Why didn't I make a bunch of them? "

Because when you only get to order one truck, most folks will opt for the 4wd with the fire-breathing V-8, even though the 2wd plain-vanilla V-6 would actually suit their everyday driving needs much better?

Just a guess...
March 27, 2013 11:56AM
I like it . I especially like the buttstock.Lots of different materials blended together .What cal did you say it was?

Thanks
Kurt
March 27, 2013 05:28PM
Hi Kurt,

This was 45 cal.

Great gun. I sold it to a collector. Sadly, it was later sold to be in "as new condition". It wasn't. It had been badly neglected and scared up. The new owner contacted me. He waited about two years for me to restore it to origonal form. Last I knew - it was in Calif.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021