Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Finish Line

Finish Line
March 18, 2013 04:12AM
Can be seen from here. bullhorn

We're getting ready for our last trip up the coast with the trailer. The next will be our last load. We'll pull that one down here when we have placed the house on the market.

I was organizing and placing many things today. I have much of my storage facility for airgun parts set up. I've been taking the parcels of parts out of their carry cases and placing them in rough groups. What a great bunch of parts. It was thrilling to see then resting on their new parts shelves. Quite a few are noted with a client's name. Not all are. The shop inventory files list each part by number. When wrapping, some names popped into mind and I stuck them on there too. I snapped a bunch of pics. We'll see if I get them posted. I know it would be encouraging to those few names, and the rest would be certain they'd been forgotten. Rest assured, that is not the case.

The shops are in such condition that I can finish them when we are solidly down here, and I'm working on projects AS I work on the remaining infrastructure. There is still considerable work to be done, but it's all within reason. Many of the items are things that must be done before they are used again ... BUT ... it is not required that they be used in the near future. For instance; the bluing shop is not set up - BUT - currently I have no need to blue. So long as the parts have traveled well and are assembled safely - they are complete.

As I walk thru the shops, I see many groups of items that are not put away. But I'm getting a good idea as to where they are now. It will be likewise with many of them; the Marquete stick welder is there ... it's cables are wrapped there ... there are packs of welding rods stored ... and I have the 220V connecting cord to feed the unit. It's not set up in place ... but I don't need it now. I certainly would not want to be without it - having had it for decades - and knowing that it's in great shape. But; I don't need to make a nest for it now. I've tried to concentrate upon those things that were needed to make "Studio Pines" functional. It is.

We're not quite ready for the party dip and cheese yet ... but we're committed to making a bunch of stuff happen back in Maryland asap.

Just filling you in, since I felt pretty decent this evening. You bet - I'm sick of this move. Really and truely ready to slam the door on the way out of Maryland. However; there has just been a "process" that had to be gone through. It's been an absolutely absurd amount of planning and work. I know this: I have said the words, "I don't know" - ten thousand times. bowing -- Far East I figured this would be an absolutely exhausting process. It has been such. Many good memories are scattered through the year long venture. Pray we can add a few more (like a quick home sale) and we'll wrap this up. We can make good memories OTHER ways. winking smiley

Gary
Re: Finish Line
March 18, 2013 06:21PM
Gary,

I hope this last trip is uneventful and all goes well. We will keep you in our thoughts and our fingers crossed.

Good luck,

Keith
March 19, 2013 12:03AM
wow

must feel great to see the finish line in sight.....
March 19, 2013 04:17PM
Hi Gary,

Thanks for keeping us posted. The way that you write, makes me feel like I'm part of all this process. I'm glad to know that you are so close to the finish line. Good luck!

Julio
Anonymous User
March 20, 2013 03:08PM
Glad to see that your new home is going well, and i know that the travel with be a safe one. I do like the new name you have placed upon your new shop. Soon you will be at the next stage of your life and a new beginning. GOOD LUCK!!!!
March 20, 2013 09:06PM
Thank you guys,

I sincerely appreciate your well wishes.

I honestly feel a strong obligation to make all this work. It's been an enormous effort. Don't know what else to say. Other then ... "I AIN'T MOV'N AGAIN - EVERS!!!

Green bowing
March 25, 2013 11:53AM
Gary,
I haven't been around in a while, but I'm glad to see you're making progress.
I hope your last trip is the most unexciting, uneventful trip ever!
Scott
March 26, 2013 09:24PM
To paraphrase the country song... "happiness is seeing MD in the rear view mirror" ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021