Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Good News ....

The Good News ....
April 21, 2013 04:25AM
Is that I'm just not going to tell you about the Auction results.

Neurologist Tuesday.

Yes - I'm probably about as positive and full of Spirit as you might be at this point.

rudolph Sure would be nice to go hunting or fishing ... and I don't even know how to fish. I do have some world class Tied Flies though ... in Florida. fish Maybe I can run down a deer with my truck around here. Every road is littered with the darling creatures. Blood and guts for fifty yards and a mangled carcass. Country roads sport more vintage rib cages - looks like a wagon train trail. 'Bout the only place I see deer anyway ....

I finished up an area of patch work this evening before dinner.

A couple have asked, privately. The head has physically, to the untrained eye ... healed. Guess we'll see if any screws are loose Tuesday. Hey - I didn't have a headache today. Three on - one off. thumbs up

I hear that, in spite of my efforts .... the sun will rise here in about five hours. Bring it.

Gary
Re: The Good News ....
April 21, 2013 10:52PM
All better now.

Cut out bad mortar joints with a diamond wheel grinder, and did a bunch of pointing up today.

Stucco'd in that wire cage blend area last night.

In fast forward. Remember that - when tapes were analog and "fast forward" had a meaning. Ah - a mechanical tape ... Brings a tear ... Haha.

Gary
April 22, 2013 01:51AM
Gary,

How much more work on the mansion?
House.jpg

Lon
April 22, 2013 04:04AM
Hi Lon,

That pic does resemble the place. Ours is white though, and a bit more pointy.

I don't know. Each area is a judgement call. Is a given area prone to attract the wrong kind of attention? Does it look worse then it actually is - just because there's some loose mortar - lack of paint - cracks - etc. If it draws the wrong kind of attention - then it should be addressed to make it go away - or else it's going to seriously knock down precieved value. It's the old "first impression" rule.

Also; Realtors today use high tech cameras to create virtual tours for net view. I've been here 33 years. It's a big place - and there is the shop two. You figure - the house is three floors and a full basement. Everything has to be emptied - can't be sitting full of boxes and paint cans and stacked furniture. The shop is two floors and about 9 or ten seperate rooms/areas. Can't put it on the net gutted and ripped up. Has to be somewhat tidy. When I get a bit farther along - I have a company that will come in and strip out the last parts and haul away. But now - we are living here - working here - fixing stuff. Organizing auction trips - all at once.

Once I get into an area - there are different levels of correction possible. I'm not going for the Williamsburg restoration version. I'm just making honest repairs. That usually involves more then first met the eye. But I need it to be clean, and if examined - it needs to be a solid job.

The delay is caused by having to split attention between way too many things. When I can just work, I can get a lot done very quickly. Usually, there are five things going on at once - and four of them are keeping me from doing the fifth.

ASAP.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021