Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

And I thought that "I" had problems ....

And I thought that "I" had problems ....
April 18, 2013 10:16PM
According to my May, 2013 Popular Science Issue ... The universe is 4.2 degrees F colder then it was 7.2 billion years ago.

stunned

4.2 degrees .... 7.2 BILLION YEARS AGO .... Yep - that's the data.

Now THAT my friend, is some very close observation. Was supposed to rain all day Tuesday ... Sun shone bright all day. Clearly science gets more accurate the farther back and more useless the information. But; I just have to pause and think of the funding and hardware that generated this breakthrough headline in Popular Science page 32 if you want to check. No wonder news of my progress in moving generates slim notice. With the spotlight turned off me, for the moment ... Maybe I can lighten up on myself a bit? Nah ... I delivered a trailer load of stuff to the auction today ... Took a car out there too (inspected yet), and loaded much of the trailer again with more. Tomorrow is the last staging day before the Sat. Auction. Today, several people wanted to buy my trailer. Hummmm. winking smiley

Anyway ... I knew you'd like to figure this new temperature finding into your plans. Of course, there is no guarantee that the temp drop over the next 7.2 BILLION YEARS will be linear. It could even drop 7.4 - 7.6 f. You might want to pack a sweater. I'm just saying.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2013 10:22PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: And I thought that "I" had problems ....
April 19, 2013 04:26PM
Wow Gary, 4.2 degrees in 7.2 billion years. Certainly, you have accomplished more CHANGE in less than a year...LOL!
April 19, 2013 07:13PM
That's true Julio!!!! nowthatIthink

That would make me ... wow. ... A FORCE OF NATURE!!!

winking smiley

Gary
April 19, 2013 10:39PM
Well, obviously the heat of the big bang is being dissipated across the volume of space, nothing new there.

The real question of import is if the heat of Barnes Pneumatic can remain high enough to sustain operations as expansion from BPN to BPS occurs?

Seriously, what if after expansion of the shop area, Gary says he's too cold to work?

Will ledger customers flood Northern Tool for summer deals on heaters?
April 20, 2013 12:03AM
Ah ... no ... they'd probably flood some baseball bat store on thier way South.

Are you HELPING, Jerry? Cause, ah .....
April 20, 2013 05:04AM
Don't worry Gary, we've got you covered.

When all this rigamarole in MD is over and done with you'll be back in sunny Florida just in time for the REALLY hot part of summer. I believe it's known locally as the "sweating buckets season" or something like that. hot smiley

So right around late July to mid August when we notice that every photo of you features a self-induced wet-T-shirt contest, we'll be able to tell you...(waiiit for it....)

"What are you talking about Gary, didn't you say back in April that the entire universe is cooling" more confused

I'm sure it'll make things MUCH better. Snowman
April 20, 2013 05:27PM
Hi Sean,

Don't wish me up here for THAT long Sean.

Besides ... "buckets don't sweat". winking smiley And I don't compete on the wet-T circuit anymore - too many trophies on the mantle .... eye popping smiley

I'm waiting for the auction to call me to bring out titles for a car and a motorcycle. I can't stand around watching my stuff be sold off for a dollar. Wait ... can't get a dollar ... well ... let's toss in this nice hundert'dowllr-Bill. Who'll give a dollar now? Anyone ....??? I've been to too many auctions .... crazy

Is life bearable up there in Alaska yet? You ought to be able to push a rod up thru the snow by now .... LOL!

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021